PDA

View Full Version : more than one tk list

izikial
10-12-2008, 20:13
right i have read a few articals and it seems very clear to me that tk onyl really have one list, and dont get me rong its a good amy but they seem to be very ristricted, and onyl really work from 2000-3000pts and only really do one thing, so hear is my question, is there more than one tk list that works and are there any nice tricks you have found that arnt just 1 trick poneys

moose
10-12-2008, 20:55
Which list is that, since I have around three different good builds...

If you only use TK against tournament style daemons or VC, maybe there's only one list to take. But against most normal armies, there's plenty of strong fun builds to create for your army.

I personally use lots of chariots, 2 catapaults, 2 priests, 1 king, 1 chariot prince, 25 tombguard, and 20 light horseman - very successfully in 2500pts.

I put the priests in light horsemen units, serve to keep up with chariots and get magical charges off where and when I like. Light horsemen are actually extremely useful if you like tactics rather than just stats.

izikial
10-12-2008, 22:12
i was talking about this kinde of list, its the one that seems most coman and effectif,
Lord:
Tomb King: Chariot; Eye of Ranut; chariot of fire; Spear of Antarak; Vambraces of the sun: 315

Heroes:
Priest: Steed, 2 x scroll: 173
Priest: Cloak of the Dunes; Hieratic Jar: 160
Priest: Casket of Souls; Golden Ankara: 325

Core
5 Horsemen (mounted priest went here) 70
3 chariots: Standard (King went here) 140
4 chariots: Standard; Banner of the Undying Legion 205
Swarm 45

Special:
Tomb Scorpion 85
Tomb Scorpion 85
Tomb Scorpion 85
3 Ushtabi 195

Rare:
Skull catapult: Skulls of the foe 110

Total Cost: 1993
i have herd about other lists and seen some in action liek and archer list based round the special char lady and it was nice and had them but it was jus didnt have any real power to it

Makarion
10-12-2008, 23:53
A. Please, the list is ok, but your commentary is in such garbled English that it is actually hard to figure out what you're trying to say.

B. The horsemen are not a normal part of competitive lists, even if they have their (limited) uses. Most people would take at least one unit of archers as well.

C. A High Lich Priest is at least as common a Lord choice as the King, and Khalida is also not unheard of. There really is more than one option :).

izikial
11-12-2008, 00:08
on your first point im sry that i have dislexya makign it pritty damn hard for me to spell corectly so dont expect perfection from everyone and on you othere two points then all you can see that changes is a lord choice witch fair enough is a big ish change but the rest of the list is the same and the horsmen witrch really dont change the list much

Makarion
11-12-2008, 06:21
Actually, without the King, chariots are special choices instead of core, so it really changes things a lot.

Here's a fairly standard example of a TK list with a HLP.

Liche High Priest [340]
Cloak of the Dunes, Neferra's Plaques of Mighty Incantations, Golden Ankhra

Liche Priest [330]
Casket of Souls
Dispel Scroll, Collar of Shapesh
{kept near a unit of archers}

Liche Priest [148]
Skeletal Steed
Hieratic Jar
{in a unit of archers, near the catapult}

Tomb Prince [184]
Flail, Light Armour, Chariot
Enchanted Shield, Chariot of Fire

20 Skeletal Warriors [160]
{can be reformed into a melee block}

10 Skeletal Warriors [80]

10 Skeletal Warriors [80]

3 Chariots [165]
Standard bearer
Banner of the Undying Legion
{joined by Prince}

Tomb Scorpion [85]

Tomb Scorpion [85]

20 Tomb Guard [310]
Full Command
Icon of Rapakh
{these can be replaced with a unit of 3-4 Ushabti if you want to cut points}

Screaming Skull Catapult [90]
{Skulls of the Foe is overrated since so many armies nowadays are resistant to psychology effects}

Screaming Skull Catapult [90]

Total: 2247

izikial
11-12-2008, 11:28
does this army advance towards the enamy or does it sit back and shoot

Chiron
11-12-2008, 15:39
I have several lists I use, my most common is built around 2 units of Tomb Guard led by a Tomb King...

izikial
12-12-2008, 00:38
thank you for all the help guys, i will look into some difrent list disigns yousign yuor ideas, sry makarion if i seemed a bit short with you but i have always had peapel havign ago at me about my spellign and im a bit touchy about it so im sry that if it seemed like i snaped at you

Makarion
12-12-2008, 03:05
No worries Izikial, we all have our sensitive spots. Goodness knows I do.

As to the list's strategy: yes, it's mostly a defensive list, although you shouldn't be afraid to coordinate some yummy combined charges with the chariots and Tomb Guard. Just don't get too enthusiastic.

PopeAlexanderVI
12-12-2008, 05:33
I would dispute that the Casket of Souls is a part of any common/standard TK list, it really is an awful unit choice. And while Skulls of the Foe has become less useful I'd still never not spend the 20 points for what can easily be a game changing ability.

PopeAlexanderVI
12-12-2008, 05:34
And that army you posted isn't even legal. It has 3 rare choices.

Sir_Lunchalot
12-12-2008, 06:10
A buddy of mine plays Tomb Kings and has walked all over me with multiple Tomb Kings armies. Also, if you have trouble spelling, feel free to take advantage of the spell checker built into the forums. When you see the bright red squiggle, simply right click the word and the forums automatically suggest replacements. It's nor perfect, but it'll catch errors like "teh spaec marinz" and prevent you from needing to explain dyslexia in every new thread you start or reply to.

Makarion
12-12-2008, 09:17
And that army you posted isn't even legal. It has 3 rare choices.

True - shows me for doing it quick and dirty instead of using Army Builder. I happened to have the book with me.

Axis
12-12-2008, 21:07
I was thinking of making TK. All the lists in this thread have the casket in them. My question is if the casket is necessary for a TK army to do well. I know you have disputed that, PopeAlexanderVI. I am wondering the reasons for your claim.

At 2k or even 2250 points it does mean you are spending a lot on characters (although you could just look at it being spent on rare).

Chiron
12-12-2008, 22:33
I was thinking of making TK. All the lists in this thread have the casket in them. My question is if the casket is necessary for a TK army to do well. I know you have disputed that, PopeAlexanderVI. I am wondering the reasons for your claim.

At 2k or even 2250 points it does mean you are spending a lot on characters (although you could just look at it being spent on rare).

I use the casket rarely if ever, I tend to go for a list which relies on my priests moving around to spread incantations to support specific charges/resurrections so having one poor guy hanging back out of range doesnt help me out