PDA

View Full Version : Characters inside a marching unit

innerwolf
12-12-2008, 14:07
When wondering if using or not the Dragon Bow on my mounted Empire General, I found a rule question:
If a character joins a unit with a lower movement value(i.e Hero on barded horse in a infantry unit) and they march less than his own movement value(in this case, 7'' or less), does he count as marching for shooting purpouses?

I think he doesn't(he doesn't double his movement rate), but I can't find any rule saying one thing or the other.

Could you help me?

stripsteak
12-12-2008, 14:32
pg 15 "a unit that has marched in the movement phase cannot shoot missile weapons during the shooting phase."

pg 72 "he becomes part of that unit until he decides to leave it"

the character is part of the unit, the unit has marched and can not shoot.

Goruax
12-12-2008, 14:36
AFAIK, he is part of that unit. It either marchs or doesn't - since he's restricted to moving at the pace of the slowest member (ie, the regular guys) then he marches at the speed of the regular guys too.

So in your case, I believe he would count as marching, though I'm too sleepy to find the rules for it though.

Rodman49
12-12-2008, 15:29
Very few uses for the Dragon Bow at the moment. Maybe use it if you have a gunline with infantry blocks and characters who sit in them for close combat support. It could also be used with any Captain or Lord on a Pegasus or Griffon.

innerwolf
12-12-2008, 15:47
Ok, I think stripsteak hits the nail in the head. Well, it's not the end of the world. I was going to use it more as a cool item which goes with my background( count-as for a specially crafted hunting handgun for my XVII aristocrathic General) and a bit of a change form the most common lists.

Thanks a lot.