5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne @ 175 Pts

5 Flamers of Tzeench @ 225 Pts
Pyrocaster

6 Flamers of Tzeench @ 210 Pts

Casting Pool: 8

Dispel Pool: 5

Models in Army: 65

Total Army Cost: 2250

Lord of Change gets Twin Heads for +2 casting and mastery of sorcery for picking whatever lore is best for flexiblity. Like taking lore of shadow can be pretty nice with flesh hounds to unseen lurker. People keep telling me to drop mastery of sorcery and just go with lore of tzeench and get Dark Magister to stop the first miscast. He can cast really well and can fight in a pinch.

Khorne Herald gets the axe for str 7 for chariots and killing trees yeah its a liablity against high elves with dragon armor but have other units for killing them. Armor of Khorne + Juggernaut gives 0 armor save.

Herald of Tzeench gets Mastery of Sorcery to pick spells since esp spells like Beast Cowers are pretty darn good. Flight is some good so he doesn't get caught. Thinking about giving him spellbreaker instead to have a dispel scroll though. Kinda nervous about no dispell scrolls.

3 horror units for core to give more spells and dispel dice. Herald of Tzeench goes in one of them.

2 chaos fury units for screening march blocking seige machine killing

2x 5 flesh hounds for some calvary, hit really hard with 2 attacks. Herald of Khorne goes with one of them.

Flamers for shooting stuff. Not sure if Pyrocaster is worth it for 15 points for the bs5 but not sure what to spend the 15 points on.

Considering droping one unit of flamers for 2 Beasts of Nurgle for a rock unit but flamers for shooting are awesome.

No special character suggestions please cause tournament does not allow them.

What you think?

backslide
13-12-2008, 02:15
well if its a tourney with comp your going to get slamed..

minimal core, GD 2x fleshes and 2x flamers

your not going to make friends, if it has comp your not lgoing to finnsih in the top 5 even if u win all your games, not to mention what its going to do to your sports score

and even if you win best general its not cause your a good player, its cause your using a cheese demon list

mix up the core a bit, drop a herald and a unit of flamers and make at least 2 of your core units 15-20 strong, make it softer, you will have better games

and you have 11 casting dice, and 8 disell

Walls
13-12-2008, 02:34
Doesn't everyone use cheese lists in tournies? There's a reason Daemons win almost whole top 10's. For a friendly game, the cheese can stay at home. You go to a tournament to win. Odds are you're facing cheesed out uber vamp lists, double stank/emperor/war altar and all the other garbage people field.

That said, this list looks a bit different from normal powergame tourney lists. Best of luck!

backslide
13-12-2008, 02:55
Doesn't everyone use cheese lists in tournies?

nope, they way to actually win at tourneys is to use the softest list you dare

tourneys arn't just abut battle points, comp and sports play there role, eg to punnish people who play armys like this :)

Makarion
13-12-2008, 03:44
I agree. Playing demons alone is cheesy, so that's a point substracted. Minimal core another point, mixing Tzeentch and Khorne is the remaining points. With a "1" for composition, you're not going to win.

Briohmar
13-12-2008, 03:50
Actually, it depends on the tournament. GTs have no comp score, neither do a lot of other tournaments. If the tournament is based strictly on battle points, then go as hard as you can (almost all tournaments here in Belgium have no Comp, France as well from what I can tell.) Some sets of comp rules indicate that Daemons will lose at all costs, as they allow most armies additional points, punish a Daemon or Vampire count for taking even a balanced (or mono god) list, and reward High elves more than any other army. (HE are allowed to have duplicate rare units when no one else can, are not marked down for only taking two minimal core units, or for maxing out their 6 special choices, provided they take no more than 2 units of Swordmasters, Two units of Lions and two units of DPs.)

PopeAlexanderVI
13-12-2008, 05:00
I'd give your LoC the reroll gift, right now one bad miscast roll can lose you a quarter of your army.

==Me==
13-12-2008, 05:01
If the tourney has comp and sports (********) you will get bombed by sore losers. A big unit of Horrors (30 or so) with a Herald and Changeling is plenty strong (Bolt of Change on a Core unit!) and much more friendly at first glance. Or a big unit of Bloodletters to run the Khorne Herald in.

If not, I'd drop the LoC for Kairos (more spells, +2 to cast and the re-roll) and go up to 6 Flamers per unit.

backslide
13-12-2008, 05:55
[QUOTE===Me==;3133024]If the tourney has comp and sports (********) you will get bombed by sore losers. QUOTE]

thats a very narrow view of it, it is a game... it supposed to be fun for both players, 15 power dice and Kairos, is no fun for your oponate (unless he has a simalar unfun list) and rather boring to play

demons can be an issue cause they simply don't challenge you as a player to use, thats not to say you should play somthing silly and soft

Neckutter
13-12-2008, 07:58
I'd haveta agree with backslide on this one. the list is minimal core is super bad. what could it hurt to dump the khorne hero(who is worthless anyways) and the furies and bump up your horrors?

that being said, you will likely do well in ALL of your games because flamers and flesh hounds are godly.