PDA

View Full Version : DoC Lord of Change config

KYR GKIKAS
13-12-2008, 17:05
I am wondering how to best arm my new LoC lord i got.Every opinion welcome.

also is the bloodthirster a better choice?

thanks everyone

Fenix_
13-12-2008, 17:42
probably yes, BT is a better choice

for a LoC, lvl 3 and twin heads, not too expensive and gives enough magic with heralds..

silentarrow12
14-12-2008, 00:02
i would actually rather have tzeentchs will and definetly pay for the lvl4....being able to nullify miscasts is huge and oh so nice..BT is not necessarily a better choice imo....it really depends what kind of army you are building and what role you need the greater daemon to fill

W0lf
14-12-2008, 01:30
lvl 3 and twin heads as suggested.

sulla
14-12-2008, 10:32
I'd go lvl4 with twin heads. Thats flickering fire at 1d6+2 to cast, Glean magic at 2d6+2 to cast and boon on 1d6+2. If that goes off, you can probably finish up with a bolt of change if you're lucky or a gift of chaos if not. Without even touching the base dice.

Add in 2 units of horrors with the icon of sorcery and a herald or the bluescribes and you have a very potent magic phase that still leaves a couple of hero slots for fighters if you so wish.

Neknoh
14-12-2008, 11:01
The more I stare at the book, the fonder I grow of Twin Heads, Master of Sorcery and Level 4, this to allow for maximum ammount of dice to be throw in whatever lore you whish to cast from.

I mean, the abillity to go Lore of Metal against Warriors of Chaos and Bretonnians, Lore of Beasts or Tzeentch (for instance) against High Elves etc. etc. etc.

There are so many options for what lores to take for eachs situation that it is ridiculus

W0lf
14-12-2008, 11:22
You cant choose master to take lore of Tzeentch, just FYI.

I think lvl 3 and twin heads is best because of as above:

Thats flickering fire at 1d6+2 to cast, Glean magic at 2d6+2 to cast and boon on 1d6+2. If that goes off, you can probably finish up with a bolt of change if you're lucky or a gift of chaos if not. Without even touching the base dice

and when using the base dice you can have bolt aswell.

Plus a lvl 3 with twin is 575 pts (or 675 VPs) whereas a lvl 4 with another 25pts is worth an additional 60 pts/Vps which imo is only a bad thing. Id rather have another 5 lesser daemons or be 10 pts away from 2 more flamers.

Neknoh
14-12-2008, 11:32
Oh? Does Master of Sorcery not say that you MAY pick any of the lores instead of the Lore of Tzeentch?

W0lf
14-12-2008, 11:39
I stand corrected.

Sorry was confused with the FAQ that said a Tz herald couldnt take it and know all spells from lore of Tz. My bad.

It says he 'can' ;)

However then you have paid 25 pts for nothing as LoC knows all 6 spells automatically.

Neknoh
14-12-2008, 12:03
Aye, but that's 25 points in a game where you would use the Lore of Tzeentch rather than using Lore of Heavens, Shadow, Beasts, Death, Life or Metal

W0lf
14-12-2008, 12:06
I suppose but i stand by my idea of keeping him as cheap as possible.

The 60pts extra your one cost will buy me 5 more plague bearers lol.

sulla
15-12-2008, 00:29
The 60pts extra your one cost will buy me 5 more plague bearers lol.

...which is a fair point in an army as expensive (pointswise) as daemons. Personally, I prefer my GD to have the luxury of not needing the base dice. If only for the reason that I prefer other heralds over the tzeench chap and being lvl1's, they need the base dice for themselves.

Neknoh
15-12-2008, 10:22
Aye, there be no arguing that those sixty points can be used elsewhere, however, much like Sulla, I preffer to be able to throw less of the base dice at spells, and with level four and Master of Sorcery, I have the option of going for a low-casting lore which can be manageable on four dice with +2 to cast

Hmm... although, I do wonder, does Power Vortex add to the common pool or to the caster himself?

backslide
15-12-2008, 10:53
+2 to cast is nice, but mu model don't have 2 heads

tzeentchs will is simply awsome, reroll the strength or number of hits, from flickering fire? or bolt of change? ensure you get boon off on 1 dice? stop a miscast?

add power vortex to help your other mages and your away laughing