PDA

View Full Version : Help Me! (Tomb Kings)

Nicha11
14-12-2008, 05:01
I've always loved the Tomb Kings background, and now my brother and I are just starting to play with them. But I don't really know what works and what doesn't.
Also my collection is pretty small with no scorpions (that why there aren't any in the list).

Characters

Tomb King, Chariot, Golden Eye, Flail, Collar of Shapesh, Golden Ahnkra, Lt armour, shield
316pts

Icon Bearer, Chariot, Mirage Standard, Lt armour,
152pts

Liche Priest, Steed, Hieratic Jar
148pts

Liche Priest, Cloak of the Dunes, Dispell scroll
160pts

Core

30 Skeleton Warriors, lt Armour, full command, banner of the undying legion
320pts

10 Skeleton Bowman
80pts

8 Light Horseman
132pts

3 Chariots, Full command
170pts

Special

3 Ushabiti
195pts

Rare
Screaming Skull catapult, skulls of the foe 20pts
110pts

Bone Giant
220pts

Overall total 2003pts

As always tips, comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Neckutter
14-12-2008, 05:19
im assuming the cloaked priest is your hierophant. which seems to be a pretty regular build. also your king has a flail AND a shield. o.O

i dont like BSBs in undead armies. the +1 CR isnt worth it, imo. unless you REALLY want that mirage standard. go instead with a prince, or another priest.

plus this army is a 2003 pt army, which ISNT a 2000 pt army.(take the useless shield off the king) 2000 pt armies are 2000 pts, or LESS. probably not a big deal in friendly games, but whatever.

chariots are great. no banner for them though? banner of the eye, or war banner are good.
i dont like horsemen, but who knows. they dont do much damage with their bows, although i could forsee them march blocking.
banner of the undying legion should really be saved for tomb guard. you should be able to ressurect skeletons no problem. plus it is a unit of 30. sheesh.

things that fight well in the TK army:
kings on chariots
chariots with full command
tomb guard
bone giants(when not charging +5 CR units)
tomb scorpions
tomb swarms
ushabti

things you could think about adding? maybe a casket of souls. i love mine. it does a lot even if its spell does NOTHING. -1 wizard casting, and they always haveta save 3 dispel dice for your two dice.

skeleton warriors you will quickly find, are horrible in close combat. therefore i personally like to take massed archers. just a thought.

and lastly remember that your chariots are archers as well. :))