PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Khorne All Calv

redbaron998
15-12-2008, 05:52
Just playin around with All Calv, tell me what you think.

Chaos Lord @ 359
- Mark of Khorne
- Barbed Chaos Steed
- Chaos Rune sword
- Crown of Everlasting Conquest
- Shield

Exalted Champion @ 216
- Mark of Khorne
- Barbed Chaos Steed
- BSB
- Chaos Rune Shield

5 Chaos Knights @ 250
- Mark of Khorne
- Standard Bearer

5 Chaos Knights @ 250
- Mark of Khorne
- Standard Bearer

5 Chaos Knights @ 250
- Mark of Khorne
- Standard Bearer

5 Chaos Knights @ 250
- Mark of Khorne
- Standard Bearer

5 Marauder Horsemen @ 75
- Flails

5 Marauder Horsemen @ 75
- Flails

5 Marauder Horsemen @ 75
- Flails

5 Marauder Horsemen @ 75
- Flails

6 Chaos Hounds @ 36

6 Chaos Hounds @ 36

6 Chaos Hounds @ 36

6 Chaos Hounds @ 36

Total @ 2019

FunkyRatDemon
15-12-2008, 06:16
Shields + Light Armour loses Fast Cavalry rule on Maruader Horsemen, don't do that!

You have strange unit sizes, I prefer more small units of Hounds

bork da basher
15-12-2008, 06:28
drop your knights, horsemen and hound unit sizes to 5 strong, knights dont need any more than 5, horsemen dont and hounds are a liability in anything bigger than 6 because they can cause panic in other units then (slim chance i know with the rerolls but better safe than sorry)

drop the shields, light armour, fast cav is WHY your taking horsemen in the first place. or it should be. dont bother with anything other than standards for knights, dont bother with command at all for horsemen its a waste of points.

i find a really nasty combo is filth mace with diabolic splendour on your lord (he causes terror with -1LD when he kills someone) and the banner of the gods on your BSB for another terror causer and stubborn on your units with 6". not much can stand upto two terror causing units of khorne knights led by juggercharecters, i was killing whole units rather than breaking them, very satisfying.

i find armour of morrslieb a bit redundant for a melee charecter with 1+ save as standard, the only thing thats really gonna bring him low is a charecter and if hes packing a magic weapon the ward is useless.

runeshield is ok on the lord but i prefer regeneration for the same points.

redbaron998
15-12-2008, 07:03
Is the above a bit better?

I need to get 19 points cheaper though, I would love to keep all the Horseman and Hound units though so I have 2 units with each knight unit for screening and Flank charge purposes

I could substitute the Flailts for Shields on the Horseman, less effective but they are really just there to cancel ranks and the shields look really good on the models.

(Thinking of using Archon on a regular base for the Lord and the new Hammer mounted Lord with a banner for BSB)

Time of Madness
15-12-2008, 13:13
Just drop a hound off each unit making them 5 strong to get below 2000pts.
Time of Madness

EvC
15-12-2008, 13:37
Yep, that'd sort it.

Personally I'd drop the Runeshield (Useless against Daemons, and they're the biggest threat) and give the Collar of Khorne instead, just so you have a bit of protection from having your key unit Beast Cowered.