PDA

View Full Version : Awkward question! Empaths and Blanks?

Wolf Scout Ewan
15-12-2008, 12:49
After reading Mechanicum I got a funny idea.

Can a psyker-empath read a blank?

A psyker empath taps into the warp to read the emotions of another creature. But, a blank has no or rather negative impact on the warp around it.

How do you think this would affect the empath?

What about non psyker empaths? Being able to read another creatures expressions and body language is different... would they be able to read a blank?

My opinon is that a non psyker empath would be able to read a blank. However, depending on the skill of the empath, a low skilled empath would be utterly repulsed maybe more so than a normal human. A highly skilled empath woud maybe be able to understand and/or perceive that a blank is a troubled person.

genestealer_baldric
15-12-2008, 13:07
I dont think that any psyker could stand to be in the same room for even a short period of time with 1 let alone try to focus on it to try and use there power on it.

non psykers could read body signs but may be infulenced by the "wrong" feeling being around .well thats whati think

stormblade
15-12-2008, 13:12
Are the Blanks and the ones that have negative presence in the warp(a hole in the warp- Culexus assassins) the same thing?

PondaNagura
15-12-2008, 16:40
blanks, untouchable, pariah are all the same

i don't think a psyker-empath could readily read a blank's mind, or even lift emotion fro objects they've held, for they have no warp presence to imprint upon.

Alessander
15-12-2008, 17:18
Nope, as psychic effects basically effect the warp-presense of a living being, which are linked to the real-world part. Untouchables don't have a warp-presence.

NotElite
15-12-2008, 17:23
SPOILER ALERT for Ravenor Series

The only place where any fluff has ever involved a Pariah that was compromised was in Ravenor Rogue, by Dave Abnett. But that was a very powerful Demon and very prolonged exposure. The Pariah was also wearing a device that suppressed his "blankness"

Other than that, Pariahs are generally accepted to be psi-inpenetrable bubbles.

Wolf Scout Ewan
15-12-2008, 19:06
Thanks for replying guys! Its great to have all your input!

What my mind was milling over if the psyker could sense a pariah's feelings. But I think you all have realised that the lack of warp presence would mean there would be nothing to see.
So to be a Pariah is to be really alone. Now for me thats frightening!