PDA

View Full Version : House Rules: The Grand order of Reiksguard

Nationalmaverick
15-12-2008, 17:14
My circle of gamers and I have decided, although I am the only Empire player amongst us, that the Reiksguard got Jipped.

The Reiksguard are the personal bodyguard to the Emperors household, highly trained and hand picked individuals prized for their loyalty and steadfastness in the face of overwhelming odds.

At the head of a hundred fold charges lead by the Kurt Helborg and even the Emperor himself, the Reiksguard, in our Opinion deserved a bump.

So I post them here before they enter our house rules as a permanent additions for some constructive criticism by our esteemed peers.

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Reiksguard Knight 4 5 0 4 4 1 4 2 9
Emperors Chosen 4 5 0 4 4 1 4 3 9
Warhorse 8 3 0 3 3 1 3 1 5

Reiksguard are equipped with Lance, Hand Weapon and shields.
May carry a magical banner worth 50 points, when joined by Kurt Helborg they are stubborn.
When Joined by Karl Franz they are stubborn and immune to psychology.
The Emperors Chosen may chose up to 25 points of magic items from the armory.
36 Points a piece.

PS. Apologies if this isn't the appropriate place for this.
PPS. The website doesn't let me space format, but you guys get the idea.

stripsteak
15-12-2008, 18:04
use the code block to space contact better. it's not 100% for all situations but works well in this case.

M WS BS S T W I A LD
Reiksguard Knight 4 5 0 4 4 1 4 2 9
Emperors Chosen 4 5 0 4 4 1 4 3 9
Warhorse 8 3 0 3 3 1 3 1 5

I don't know much about empire so i can't comment much on them. at 36 points is probably a good price for all that.. maybe a tad low?

consider saurus cavalry are 35 pnts and lack:
lances(they only have spears)
abilty to gain stubborn from a char
ability to gain ItP from a char
suffer from stupidity
-1WS, -1M, -3I, -1Ld

but they get cause fear, cold blooded.

i might bump the cost up to 40-45

also chaos knights have a pretty similar statline, for 40pts, 45 if they carry lances
and neither of those unit champions can take magic items.

woulds these knights be a special, or bumped up to a rare slot?

Nationalmaverick
15-12-2008, 18:14
Oh! thanks for that, new here so getting the grips.

I was thinking rare for fluffs sake?
On the points thing, I think having them rare offsets there points, plus Chaos knights get 1 more initiative plus marks and so on and cause fear.

I think Cold One Riders as they are now are overpriced :( but I always take at least 10 of them haha.

Atrahasis
15-12-2008, 18:17
PS. Apologies if this isn't the appropriate place for this.Rules development (http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)

I'd agree they're a bit cheap - they're less than Chaos Knights by 9 points, have better Ld, and are in an army that has artillery.

Nationalmaverick
15-12-2008, 18:27
Okay so how bout we bump them to 40 per and make them a special choice?

This offsets the marks/fear of chaos/cold ones.

logan054
15-12-2008, 21:22
I cant see why they would have WS higher than 4, i think what you need to look at is something in the lines of special rules rather than stat buffs. Perhaps make them stubborn or immune to psycology if joined by the reiksmarshall or the emperor.

Along with that i think you should look at rules for the infantry version, base them on great swords and then adjust the equipment according to what you feel is required.

They really should not be on the same level as chaos warriors/knights, these do not represent well trained soldiers but champions of the dark gods (hence why they have similar stats to empire heroes).

sulla
15-12-2008, 21:31
I agree with Logan. WS5 is as high as an empire captain or general! These are humans and not even religious nutcases like grail knights.

I think you should focus on the psychological buffs rather than physical increases.

Kidjal
16-12-2008, 10:56
do they not get full plate like everyone else? :D

otherwise, pretty fluffy. I also say bring back reiksguard on foot, and an explanation why they were dropped.

theunwantedbeing
16-12-2008, 11:15
So....they're +1 leadership chaos knights that have a slightly weker mount and don't cause fear?
Hmmm....considering those cost 45pts a go, and your cost a mere 36pts a go, seems these are a little on the cheap side. Fear and a slightly better mount won't make a great deal of difference to a unit like that, simply as it hits like a tonne of bricks.

I'de be tempted to make them all count as champions ala grail knights to justify the second attack.
Grail knights are 38 each, less toughness, slightly faster, less leadership, immune to psychology and can pray if they wish to though,

39pts each as they are though, would be fine.
Not upto speed with the empire item's so I can't really point out anything abusive you can do with the item allowance.
Making them all count as champions would be a fun idea, so no need for a champion upgrade.