PDA

View Full Version : What effect would a Blank have on the Hive mind

kylsnik ironhead
16-12-2008, 00:35
If Nids tried to eat a Blank wouldn't that disterb the synpase link with the hive-mind and cause them to just stand there and drool. And don't Blanks cause psykers pain and the Nids are one of the most pysic races.

Koryphaus
16-12-2008, 01:24
Only when they're alive...

I cannot see a single Blank having the slightest effect on the Tyranid Hive Mind. It's just too big.

Hicks
16-12-2008, 01:32
I think it could maybe cut synapse to nearby units, but not hurt the nids.

Caelnaethon
16-12-2008, 01:34
I think a blank/pariah could disrupt the Hive Mind in a very small way, by cutting a few nearby organisms off from the rest, but it would reduce them to basic instinct, not standing there and drooling. So they'd still eat him, or at least kill him, and the problem would go away. Whether they'd be affected by the anguish sentient psykers experience when near a pariah... that's a tricky one. It might just make them want to kill him even more.

MrBigMr
16-12-2008, 01:37
I don't think that not much. Maybe disrupt a nearby synapse creature, but that's about it.

But what if you could cause some "divided by zero" effect? Can you imagine how fast the Imperium would craft the Pariah gene carriers into weapons? Load the people into some sort of one man drop pods and drop them from orbit. They could call it "Shooting Blanks" or something. A little like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXHBKUbUmCs).

abasio
16-12-2008, 02:32
I don't think that not much. Maybe disrupt a nearby synapse creature, but that's about it.

But what if you could cause some "divided by zero" effect? Can you imagine how fast the Imperium would craft the Pariah gene carriers into weapons? Load the people into some sort of one man drop pods and drop them from orbit. They could call it "Shooting Blanks" or something. A little like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXHBKUbUmCs).

:evilgrin: That's some cheesy music! Nice concept though. I doubt one blank would have much effect but how about a million? a billion? The Imperium has the numbers & lack of morals to do it :skull:

genestealer_baldric
16-12-2008, 06:54
In the cain novel. Cain is being attacked by a genestealer patriarch (sp), and up walks cain's faithfull aid jurgen, whos a blank and all the genestealers and the patriarch recoil from it in utter confusion. So jurgen shoves his melta into a cut on patriarch and incinrates it. It disorintates nids in a small area but the rest of the hive mind were ok. so unless u fly a ship full of them at a "mother" ship i dont think they would do much. You may be a blank but that aint going to stop a charging carnifex ;)

Sekhmet
16-12-2008, 07:05
They could call it "Shooting Blanks" or something.

Wow. Just... wow.

madd0ct0r
16-12-2008, 12:12
boring and pedantic though it is - The imperium do use Blanks as weapons - one of the assassin temples is made up purely of them - Culuxes I think.