PDA

View Full Version : Bretonnians, 2k, friendly list

drgabe
16-12-2008, 06:08
I have finally decided to start on my Bretonnian army after a long absence from WFB. Give the list a look over and let me know what you think.
This is a friendly list, no tournys anytime soon.
The Grail Relique is the center-point of the army. Make any suggestions with this in mind.

2,000pt Bretonnians

-Lord w/ V. of Confidence, Gromril Great Helm. Birthsword of Carcassonne, Lance, Shield, Warhorse (230)
Damsel w/ DSx2, Horse (130)
Paladin BSB w/ lance, shield, warhorse, V. of Duty (110)
KotR x6 w/ full command

-Paladin on Pegasus with Lance, shield, Tres of Isoulde, V. Knightly Temper (196)

-Knights Errant x9 Full command (201)
- Men At Arms x25 w/ musician, standard (140)
- Skirmishing Bowmen x10 (70)
- Bowmen x10 (60)

-Pegasus Knights x3 (165)
- Grail Reliquae +10 (208)

-Grail Knights x5 w/ Standard, Musician (206)
-Field Trebuchet

Total 1996

Knights: 27
Foot Soldiers: 68

Commentary:
I am hoping to have a knights on the flanks with the solid infantry center for possible counter charges and flank attacks. The Knights of the Realm of a static CR of 7 which should help with one turn combats. The paladin on the pegasus was a game winner in the previous edition, however I don't know how great he is now. He purpose is a simple missle mission against anything large and nasty, he rarely comes home alive. However, with the pegasus knights is that missile paladin needed? If I take him out I could replace him with a small unit of KE's or a large unit of M@A and increase the GR. I know there is the obvious lack of magic defense. Part of this is the response to low magic intense armies in my area and my wish to keep from having too many points tied up into magic defense.

Thanks for having a look!

Griptenstien
16-12-2008, 09:25
I would say you have too many points in characters.
A good paladin on pegasus has the virtue of herosim, giving killing blow on large targets which seems to be what you are targetting.
Both the paldin and pegasus knights have their uses so I would keep both.
Overall I would say that you have too few knights but that may be personal taste.

PARTYCHICORITA
16-12-2008, 11:58
Bret BSB can't take mundane weapons or shields; it's clearly stated in the army book.

Other than that (and allthough i hate the grail relique) is a very nice list. I would drop however grail vow (you already have GK for the relique), some men at armas and comman on both PK and GT to get more GK. Best size for the unit is 6.

drgabe
19-12-2008, 18:47
I would say you have too many points in characters.
A good paladin on pegasus has the virtue of herosim, giving killing blow on large targets which seems to be what you are targetting.
Both the paldin and pegasus knights have their uses so I would keep both.
Overall I would say that you have too few knights but that may be personal taste.

Good point on the paladin knight.
Both Virtue of Heroism and Knightly Virtue cost the same points, I plan to change them out according to the anticipated army. My local group doesn't tend to have many monstrous creatures (that will probably change with the new lizard book).

I have kept the total number of knights down to keep the list friendly and opponents plentyful. I can certainly pull in at least 4 more units of knights, but my playing partners have been frowning on that idea for sometime (which is the main reason I haven't played this army much).

Thanks for the suggestions!

drgabe
19-12-2008, 18:52
Bret BSB can't take mundane weapons or shields; it's clearly stated in the army book.

Other than that (and allthough i hate the grail relique) is a very nice list. I would drop however grail vow (you already have GK for the relique), some men at armas and comman on both PK and GT to get more GK. Best size for the unit is 6.

Doh!! :eek: Of course, thanks for pointing that out.

I did take your advice and add one more Grail Knight at the expense of the musician from the pegasus knights and grail vow on the lord.
It seems that if you take men at arms, you really need more than 20 in order to have ranks left after a round of shooting/combat. Plus I only have 5 grail knights and don't want to spend more on this army!!

Thanks for the suggestions!