PDA

View Full Version : Daemons of Chaos, fear?

Nationalmaverick
16-12-2008, 05:38
Ok, sick of the arguments, need a quick rules clarification.

The Daemons of Chaos codex states that all chaos units are immune to psychology;fear

The semi colon being the debated point, this would hint that chaos units either are Immune to Psychology AND cause fear, or that they are only immune to fear given the negative or cumulative purpose of the semi colon, its ambiguous to use in this context.

Axis
16-12-2008, 05:50
They are immune to psychology and they cause fear.

Lijacote
16-12-2008, 05:52
Ok, sick of the arguments, need a quick rules clarification.

The Daemons of Chaos codex states that all chaos units are immune to psychology;fear

The semi colon being the debated point, this would hint that chaos units either are Immune to Psychology AND cause fear, or that they are only immune to fear given the negative or cumulative purpose of the semi colon, its ambiguous to use in this context.

The semicolon is also used later in the book, for example with the Horrors of Tzeentch.

"Daemonic; flaming attacks:" so would that mean horrors are only capable of doing Flaming Attacks out of all the Daemonic listed abilities, when interpreted like that.

I never liked the design of the daemon book. Poor menmanship and indexing. But regarding that, I'm pretty sure they did intend for daemons to cause fear and to be immune to psychology, and that the semicolon doesn't change that even when RAW.

Also, there are no codices in WHFB.

Nationalmaverick
16-12-2008, 05:59
Ok we agree but wow, thats poorly done.

Also, Heralds of Nurgle and Slaanesh are level 1 wizards, but the upgrades list says you can upgrade to level 1 for 50 points...?

Neckutter
16-12-2008, 06:32
heralds of nurgle and slaanesh arent lvl 1 wizards base. the only wizard that comes standard is the tzeentch one

Condottiere
16-12-2008, 06:35
Semi colon implies that the topic is still being discussed, but it is a separate part. Should have stated causes fear.

Rodman49
16-12-2008, 06:39
If a unit is only Immune to Fear then it will be listed as "Immune to Fear" - typically only magic items do this.

Rodman49
16-12-2008, 06:40
Semi colon implies that the topic is still being discussed, but it is a separate part. Should have stated causes fear.

"Causes Fear" is no longer used. "Fear" is the special rule to denote a fear causing unit. (See Dark Elf Armybook)

Nationalmaverick
16-12-2008, 06:52
heralds of nurgle and slaanesh arent lvl 1 wizards base. the only wizard that comes standard is the tzeentch one

Rereading the entry, yep my fault, read the entry wrong entirely.

Braad
16-12-2008, 12:23
I've got here the Storm of chaos, O&G 6th + 7th, hordes of chaos... in all of them different special rules are seperated by a semi-colon. And no-one is telling me animosity only applies to fear of elves...

Bac5665
16-12-2008, 15:20
That would help O+G not suck though.

nosferatu1001
16-12-2008, 19:12
The topic is special rules, therefore the semi colon seperates the special rules.

Not difficult....