PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Sorceror Lord combo...

backslide
16-12-2008, 09:41
Chaos Sorceror Lord - level 4 Tzeenetch mark on barded steed
- Armour of Damnation, Father of Blades, Talisman of Protection
- Word of Agony

Thats a 2+ armour 4+ ward save mage (still with $AS4 from the model) that can also give out a one off D6S4 hits no save to a model in base to base.
It then makes people reroll all successful HtH hits against him, and ANy 1 rolled by the attacker then hits themself!

Do you think that can work? Add in level 4 tzeen mage on top...

AramilSairSianontel
16-12-2008, 09:44
I think it could don't curse me though for that miscast on round 1...if i remeber correctly you have no item that prevents miscasts in your book...still he's powerful chaos magic rules the night...don't forget the always challenge rule though..........

theunwantedbeing
16-12-2008, 10:00
5+ ward dont you mean?

I'de be tempted to go with the runesword rather than the father of blades, start him in a unit with the frenzy banner so he get's an extra attack. Plus a warrior familiar.
Then he get's 5 st5 attacks at ws6, plus he get's an extra st5 hit he can inflict on whoever he chooses.

PARTYCHICORITA
16-12-2008, 12:09
Mark of tzeench, deamon sword, talisman on protection mounted on a steed. It would mean nice magic, 2+/5+ saves and in theory quiet some damege.

backslide
17-12-2008, 10:16
well handy that no one has actually said anything about the combo I asked about cheers guys

Arguleon-veq
17-12-2008, 10:23
Yeah that combo would work but if you want a durable fighty Sorcerer Lord I think there are better combinations.

I like Runesword + Enchanted Shield on a Barded Steed for a 0+ Save and 4S5 Attacks. You could always add in the Talisman and Warrior Familiar too.

For;

0+ Save
5+ Ward
4 S5 Attacks
1 S5 Auto Hit
1 S4 Attack

loveless
17-12-2008, 20:11
Well, he's overtly defensive, I'll give you that.

It just seems like there are more items you could give him to help out with casting and such. Skull of Katam, maybe Blood of Tzeentch,...I forget the Arcane list. There's not much fancy about him for his cost outside of his defensive capabilities.

But then, I like to focus on either magic or fighting. You've got a good set-up for melee defense.

I'd suggest putting him in a unit of Tzeentchian Knights with the Blasted Standard to give him decent ranged defense as well.