PDA

View Full Version : Brets FTW [but I am n00b :(]

SystemWarrior
17-12-2008, 12:30
How's this for a 2,000 pt Bretonnian army to take all comers? Please note I'm not very experienced and am not very familiar with 7th edition rules.

Lords and Heroes
Bretonnian Lord – Knight’s Vow, hand weapon, heavy armour, shield, barded Bretonnian warhorse, Virtue of Stoicism, Silver Lance of the Blessed – 199 pts

Paladin – Knight’s Vow, hand weapon, heavy armour, battle standard, barded Bretonnian warhorse, Banner of Defence, Virtue of Duty – 134 pts

Damsel – hand weapon, Level 2 Wizard, Bretonnian warhorse, The Silver Mirror, Potion Sacre – 165 pts

Core Units
8 Knights of the Realm – hand weapon, lance, heavy armour, shield, barded Bretonnian warhorse, full command, Twilight Banner – 241 pts

8 Knights of the Realm – hand weapon, lance, heavy armour, shield, barded Bretonnian warhorse, full command – 216 pts

8 Knights Errant – hand weapon, lance, heavy armour, shield, barded Bretonnian warhorse, full command, Errantry Banner – 201 pts

20 Men-at-arms – hand weapon, shield, light armour, halberd, full command – 127 pts

16 Peasant Bowmen – hand weapon, longbow, skirmishers, Villein – 117 pts

16 Peasant Bowmen – hand weapon, longbow, skirmishers, Villein – 117 pts

Special Units
Grail Reliquae with 9 Pilgrims – 145 pts

Rare Units
6 Grail Knights – hand weapon, lance, heavy armour, shield, full command, Valorous Standard – 308 pts

Total - 2005 pts

Yeah, I know I went a bit over, but never mind. All constructive criticisms welcome. Also, I don't really like Pegasus Knights, which is why there are none.

Malorian
17-12-2008, 15:47
One lvl 2 damsel isn't worth it. If she is for magic defense then keep her as such as Lvl 1 and two scrolls. In theory the silver mirror is good (VP grab or assassinating a wounded mage), but seeing as how you are going to be charging his wizards on turn two it's not really needed;

I have never been in a situation where I wished I had the Twilight banner.

Join the archers together and make them skirmishing.

Drop the men at arms and boost the grail reliquae. Then you can play refused flank.

For a starters army it's pretty good and will let you know which way you want to go.