PDA

View Full Version : Get yer mota runnin'... Gorkamorka?

Gonders
17-12-2008, 20:22
Hey all,

Just curious really, our gaming group have recently started playing gorkamorka again. Does anyone else play it?

It started a couple of weeks ago on a rather quiet games night, and a couple of us got the inspiration to look it up again after all these years. Following a week of frantic building and painting, and the mobs are starting to emerge.

The only rule imposed is that your mob has to have a suitably silly theme to it! we've all been thinking of ways to make our boyz look like paramedics, builders, pirates, Mexicans, daredevils and more.

Another thing we've realized, is that its become a lot better with the new range of orky vehicles to cut up and play around with :)

I think it'd be great if we could get a thread started on here to discuss goings on with this classic game, if enough people joined in. Any one got any thoughts?

Gonders

ScooterinAB
18-12-2008, 06:16
I keep meaning to start up Gorkamorka again. Unfortunately, when it comes to miniatures, I have the attention span of a hamster. Right now, I have a half completed Digga mob, and various states of Orks that were being converted back and forth to Gorkamorka.

I really liked Gorkamorka. I love Necromunda, but it is too serious. A character death or even a bad serious injury is very troubling. In Gorkamorka, I had no problem throwing Orks into hopeless fights and playing Bumper Trukks.

Krootman
07-01-2009, 20:06
We had a league going last summer right before 5th to kill time but unfortunately we got a copy early and so gorkamorka died with it, sad because it was really fun. The only problem is the post game takes longer then the game itself :/

bloodangeluk
17-01-2009, 00:48
My friends are obsessed with Gorka Morka. We've recently started our Mobs up and getting them painted. I bought a Warwagon for my trak with a box of boyz and for nobz for everyone we got a box of nobz which are fantastic models and allow for very unique looking Nobz.

Just to let people know, my starting Nob has a Shoota, Choppa, Shield and 'Eavy Armour. I'm so falling off my trak and getting ran over but hey lol, he's got a 3+ armour save in combat. :D

Revolushun Gobbo
21-01-2009, 07:55
Hello there! [yoof here]

When I first saw GorkaMorka I liked it at first sight. And ot only because it's all green and orky [what is very attractive itself]. I was firstly attracted to WH40k because of GM, as I started my collection of fantasy miniatures with Mordheim. I don't know what special "thing" them have [the less "serious game"? the "post-game" and "mob evolution"?] but makes them [and I think most of SG] very attractive to new players, who don't need to cash out a lot of money and time painting a whole army to fully enjoy all the features of the game.
Small ammount of minis makes you to pay more attention to each one individually, and enables you to really customize them. and a lot of other things.

For example with a friend of mine we recently bought "assault to black reach" box. [because he wanted the marines and I wanted the boyz] so, after playing it 5 times, we got a bit bored, so we started to make some fort dioramas and so.
And looking at the fort and the trukk I remembered GM!
so I started to scavenge my pc in search of the online version of uvver book and da roolz, and to scavenge my wardrobe looking for digganob.

with the orks of AsBr you can make up some boyz-bandz [imagine a boyband of orks?] to start, a homemade trukk and a mek and you are ready to gorkamorka!

for the grotz the same. the new box of gretchins has great models, and making your own cutta is easy and fun! [plus, as any orky vehicle: "the rougher the bester" XD so you can't fail with them]. so we still playing it, and it's very fun.

well, that's my impression of the game.

Electromancer
06-03-2009, 20:48
I used to play gorkamorka with my old gaming group and we went through dozens of mobs, its a really great game although we did make a house rule to not use the eavy shooter since everyone always used them.

So long as you remember to have fun and they are only orks anyway so it doesnt matter if your favorite boy dies then you'll have a blast.

Askil the Undecided
06-03-2009, 22:06
I'm getting my Local gaming club to start Gorkamorka soon, (rather like I'm getting them into Inquisitor and I got them into Necromunda.)

I've got my Mob Da Bigga Diggaz (guess what faction they are) waiting to take on everyone else's Orks.

fattdex
17-03-2009, 15:27
We just started it again with 4 players to get the ball rolling. Lovin it

Coasty
26-03-2009, 18:16
I only spotted the rules on the GW last week and am now obsessed with Gorkamorka. Been on an ebay spree, as I prefer proper books to stapled printouts.

Millenium_King
23-04-2009, 05:26
I hate to keep plugging this website, but anyone interested in playing Gorkamorka might want to check it out. It brings Gorkamorka in line with the new 40K rules and has a focus on Chaos and Imperial Warbands (yes, you read that correctly). http://slavestodarkness.blogspot.com/