PDA

View Full Version : 500 pts Skaven army.

Coram_Boy
17-12-2008, 20:31
Warlock Engineer, All upgrades + storm demon (120)

25 clanrats,full command and a ratling gun (211)

8 night runners (40)

25 slaves(50)

5 poison globadiers(50)

1 Pack of Giant Rats (30) (501 total)

the 1 point over doesnt matter too much at my club. I need advice on a few things though: mainly, should I drop the ratling gun and rats for a second warlock/ the night runners for 20 slaves/ an ogre for a chieftan/slaves and so on? please comment - this will be the first skaven army list I play so all criticism/advice would be greatly appreciated:D

FatOlaf
17-12-2008, 22:09

8 night runners (40)

2 Rat Ogres (100)

Drop the Rat Ogres, get your self 2 units of 25 slaves, to give your self some overwhelming Cr in 500 points, or have one unit of slaves and another unit of night runners (increase the size of the other one as well, to 10), drop one clan rat, to 24, to give you some more points if needed.....

It should work well.....

Coram_Boy
18-12-2008, 20:25
thanks - the ogres were really only because of being a fear causing unit, which are in my opinion better in small games where there is not much high ld in forces (curse you, dwarfs!) I'll change the list to review the changes. For expanding to 750 pts, I was thinking of adding 5 clanrats to the unit and putting in a heavy armor BSB chieftan with war banner to get more static res as its really not in my battle plan to lose a combat with a big unit of skaven as frankly I doubt I would rally. that leaves 125 pts - perhaps 15 plague monks? they are relatively hard hitting, unlike most of my force, which sadly seems to rely on CR a bit too much for comfort.

Foegnasher
18-12-2008, 21:23
read your book. you broke rule #1. you can't have two units of slaves unless you have two units of clanrats.

Cobrak
19-12-2008, 13:07
i would drop the second unit of slaves as 1Foegnasher is right skaven SUFFER mainstay. 2in this small points adding a unit of 5 Poison Wind Globadiers would be a good idea. there potential is over looked IMO

Coram_Boy
19-12-2008, 15:38
good point. never seemed to be too great a restriction for me though. a unit of 5 poison globadiers sounds interesting - several of the people I play against play one hard unit in their army and a few soft units, and this is the best way to get rid of them probably, unless I get 5 jezzails, which are probably going to run away anyway.. I'll revise the list to show this - at least doing it will be a laugh, if it is not effective.

Foegnasher
19-12-2008, 17:27
drop the nightrunners back to 5 or 6. i like them with two weapons. you want them to not cause panic when they get shot/break.

stripsteak
19-12-2008, 21:50
8 night runners (40)
25 slaves(50)
5 poison globadiers(50)

first off 211?
25 rats is 125, with full command 150 with a ratling 210

second and surprised no one else has mentioned this yet. you overkitted the engineer. if he is the only one there you only need the blades, and the condensor. you're spending 15 pts to generate a powerdice he can't use. and the pistol is not really worth it(imo) but thats up to you.
Engi w/ blades+condesor+storm daemon - 95pts
with pistol too 105

what i would probably do is, drop the pistol+accumlator, drop the night runners down to 5, drop the slaves to 20, drop the ratling gun, and drop the globes to 2. this gives you 140 pts...thats another unit of 25 clanrats with music/banner

or if you are in for some risky fun, just drop the pistol+accumlator off the engi, and give him the death globes. run him with the globadier group. you'll have 5 extra points to just throw into another clanrat or something

FatOlaf
21-12-2008, 14:06
read your book. you broke rule #1. you can't have two units of slaves unless you have two units of clanrats.

Yep my bad, was not concentrating there...

first off 211?
25 rats is 125, with full command 150 with a ratling 210

second and surprised no one else has mentioned this yet. you overkitted the engineer. if he is the only one there you only need the blades, and the condensor. you're spending 15 pts to generate a powerdice he can't use. and the pistol is not really worth it(imo) but thats up to you.

I thought of that but never mentioned it, honestly...:angel:

But yes very good point there, stick with just the new build for the engineer and how about 5 Jezzails instead of the Ogres, it's how I used to run my Border patrol Skaven build, they'll need protecting but will certainly help you in case your engineer does not get his spellls off...