PDA

View Full Version : Bound spell

Mortifactor
18-12-2008, 11:13
Hello, I'm new to fantasy and do not currently have access to a rulebook. After paging through the DE book, I saw an arcane item that has a lvl 4 power of darkness bound spell. All sorceresses already have access to this ability, so I would like to know how this works differently as a bound spell. I apologize for this simple question, but I do not understand how bound spells on arcane items work. Thanks

Lister of Smee
18-12-2008, 11:24
when you cast a spell you roll powerdice to try and get over the casting value

with a bound spell there are no powerdice needed. It is automatically cast if your opponent does not dispel it. If the spell power level was 4, then your opponent would have to roll a 4 or more to stop you casting it.

Mortifactor
18-12-2008, 11:29
Ah great, thanks for the quick response, much appreciated.

nosferatu1001
18-12-2008, 12:58
In addition you are also allowed to cast the spell of the same name, even if you use the bound spell. This is because the spellcaster does not cast bound items, just releases them - so you could cast power of darkness twice if you wanted on a sorceress, once with bound, once as an actual normal casting

Note - casting does include failed attempts, so if power of darkenss (or any spell) is dispelled, you cannot try to cast it again!