PDA

View Full Version : 2K WoC Slaanesh/Tzeentch

Buddha777
18-12-2008, 14:08
I went for a slightly different approach with this army focusing on a night unkillable Sorc Lord riding with some chosen to form a Killy brick of death. Let me know what you think.

(Also as an aside, does anyone know if my lord on a chaos steed needs a 25mm square base or is a normal Calvary base okay?)

Lord: 414
Sorcerer Lord (414): Chaos Steed, Lvl 4, MoT, Rune Shield, Glaive of Putrification, Talisman of Protection, Necrotic Phylactery

This guy has a 1+ armor save, 5++ inval, and immune to almost everything. Goes with the chosen Block with its MR(2). My thinking behind this setup was that I wanted a caster that would not be hindered by Chaos challenge rules by not getting smoked. Glaive is there to hopefully compensate for str 4.

Heroes: 165
Sorcerer of Chaos (165): Lvl 2, MoT, Dispel Scroll

Core: 532
20 Marauders (170): MoS, Light Armor, Shields, Flails, Full Command

20 Marauders (170): MoS, Light Armor, Shields, Flails, Full Command

5 Marauder Horsemen (96): MoS, Flails, Light Armor, Musician

5 Marauder Horsemen (96): MoS, Flails, Light Armor, Musician

Special: 885
5 Chaos Knights (240): MoS, Musician, Standard Bearer

5 Chaos Knights (240): MoS, Musician, Standard Bearer

16 Chosen (405): MoS, Shields, Halberds, Full Command, Collar of Khorne

Just a solid brick of death. MR(2) with my lord in lead should form a very unmovable base.

Total: 1996
8PD/5DD

The Red Scourge
18-12-2008, 14:55
Chaos steed = cavalry base.

Seems odd to dump the lord among the chosen. Most of his magic will be hampered by CC which is where you want the chosen. Why not put him among the marauders or marauder horsemen. Or give him the eye of tzeentch and a disc and let him hunt war machines, while unleashing fire from the sky.

Also consider dumping the scroll on your lvl 2 for the puppet – it'll help protect your 400 pt. lord.

p3990013
18-12-2008, 16:08
what about killing blow on your sorcerer lord? one lucky '6' to wound and he's dead. That's where crimson armor of dargan and bronze armor of zhrakk apply.