PDA

View Full Version : All mounted Nurgle WoC

VVar
20-12-2008, 01:31
This is a bit of an extreme list I've just put together...there are many things that could be done to change the playstyle and effectiveness, but I need some advice in that field :). It is also a mixed list, so sorry to those of you that like having an army all of one mark.

Basic idea is very magic heavy, but in your face rather than standoffish. I understand the weakness that comes with having an all cav army and such a huge character payload (I've never used so many points on characters in one list before...normally play DE). I'll explain the units individually, so here goes;

Sorcerer Lord
-lvl 4
-mark of tzeentch
-disc of tzeentch
-spell familiar
-golden eye of tzeentch
-power stone
-enchanted shield

-Pretty basic lord; casts flickering fire, pandemonium, and infernal gateway whenever able. Basic, speedy setup. He will never get into combat unless necessary. Still considering if power stone should be replaced with scroll or something else. I've taken it mainly so I can try to get off a clutch pandemonium or boost an IG attempt.

Sorcerer
-lvl 2
-Conjoined Homunculus
-mark of nurgle
-chaos steed

Sorcerer
-lvl 2
-mark of nurgle
-book of secrets
-power familiar
-chaos steed

Sorcerer
-lvl 2
-mark of nurgle
-infernal puppet
-chaos steed

-All three of these guys will take the number one Nurgle spell; it's too good to pass up. Infernal puppet speaks for itself, it helps my miscasts, and really messes with the opponents. Last game I caused a vamp lord to blow up by modifying his 5 into a 2. Very fun stuff. They will also all be casting before my lord, to eat up opponents power dice and make it easier for him to get big spells off. Losing wounds on unit champs w/ magic items and characters is often too much for a player to ignore, so they use up dice trying to dispell them.
-The sorc with power familiar and book of secrets will cast the nurgle spell as normal, but also pick a magic missile with the book. Again, just a way to eat through dispell dice while dealing damage.
-After the first round, at least a couple of the sorcerers will leave the knight units they were previously accompanied by (for protection) and stand back and continue to cast. I don't want them in combat challenging things unless I know they can handle whatever is there.

Chaos Warhounds x5

Chaos Warhounds x5

Chaos Warhounds x5

Chaos Warhounds x5

-Hounds speak for themselves. They will marchblock, bait, redirect, and tie units up until my knights are able to smash in.

Marauder Horsemen x5
-flails
-mark of khorne
-musician

Marauder Horsemen x5
-flails
-mark of khorne
-musician

Marauder Horsemen x5
-flails
-mark of khorne
-musician

-Marauder horsemen with flails and MoK on the charge get 10 str5 attacks and 10 str 3 attacks on the charge. For such a cheap unit, that is incredible. other option is to keep them naked and just give them MoS for permanent immune to psyche, but I prefer them run like this; very very hitty. I have musicians in all squads just to break ties against static CR units and also to help rallying attempts if they lose combat and flee.

Chaos Knights x5
-full command
-banner of rage
-mark of nurgle

Chaos Knights x5
-mark of nurgle
-musi, standard bearer

Chaos Knights x5
-mark of nurgle
-musi, standard bearer

-Chaos knights are where my three lvl2's will start off, and eventually will be planted deep in combat. The fact that they still have 2 attacks at str5 after the first round makes them much easier to use, unlike other heavy cav where you must worry about breaking something on the charge. The unit with banner of rage should break almost anything on the charge, 15 str 5 attacks and 10 str 4 is quite a bit to handle, and they will never lose the frenzy. It's a bit of a pain to screen them etc, but I believe this banner/mark combination is one of the best possible. Other two units do not have a champ primarily because they are too expensive for what they do (three champs=two full units of hounds!)

2246/2250
13 power dice, 7 DD
54 models

Blast away!

==Me==
20-12-2008, 06:25
Apart from the deceptive title it looks good. I run something similar with a bit more mix and match between the unit marks.

VVar
20-12-2008, 06:40
Apologies for the title, I keep considering it a "nurgle" list because I've already painted most of it a nurgle theme :).

bork da basher
20-12-2008, 07:34
drop a sorcerer it isnt needed, i play a very similar tzeentch all mounted list with 3 sorcerers on discs and its PLENTY. spend the points on another unit of knights, the face of your opponant is a picture when you deploy 20 chaos knights lol.

few things id change are your magic item allowance.

firstly you want the book of secrets and power familiar on your lord. its 2 extra PD and an extra spell, i recommend lore of death, some really nasty spells in there. ditch the power stone entirely, he wont need it but consider conjoined homunculus for when you MUSTget gateway to go off.

id also make one of those sorcerers tzeentch and put him on a disc to accompany your lord but thats preferance more than anything.

the list looks nice as is but i think a little less magic cant hurt, if you follow my advice your still packing 14 PD which is more than enough.

yedee
20-12-2008, 16:02
That's a nice list. Sorcerers look soild but consider droping shield (you dont want to get into CC anyway and you have a ward against shooting already) and taking a DS instead of PS. Im not a fan of FCG on knights as well - i only take a standard bearer when i want a magic banner, otherwise they go without command at all. If you drop one unit of hounds, muso and champion (because of him you dont get 'look out sir' for the sorcerer) from knights, musos from horsemen and enchanted shield you should then afford additional 2 knights to boost your units.

VVar
23-12-2008, 06:55
Thanks for the advice folks! I will def consider 3x sorc on disc...but then I feel like I'm playing a demon list, and no character/champ sniping...as far as conjoineded humunclus on lord, I consider that VERY risky, 1/4 chance of him being useless for a turn is...meh. Still, I will give it a try as I am still new to WoC. Keep the suggestions coming!

Sidorio
23-12-2008, 08:38
list looks good, and i guearantee that not many want to be on the receiving end of your charge.

also i say keep the nurgle sorcerers, spread the disease.

Lord Khabal
23-12-2008, 08:50
dont drop the shield and keep the mage. get rid of khorne mark on marauders and gogo slaanesh. I think you dont need that many warhouds but thats just me. give warbanner to a unit. One of your lvl 2 mages generates 4 PD, which is bad considering he only has 2 spells, so there is a good chance you wont be able to use all of your PD. personally I prefer to give the book of secrets to the mage lord, which with the spell familiar gives him 6 spells. usually I go for death. Tzeentch lore really sucks except for gateway and flicker. pandemonium is situational...

==Me==
23-12-2008, 14:45
Book of Secrets is a no-no for your expensive Sorc Lord, the changes to miscasts is too scary even with the puppet :p

VVar
24-12-2008, 09:56
So spread book and power familiar out? My reasoningwas that the lvl 2 would cast first nurgle spell on two dice before throwing two at a damage spell from the book. Would this be a bad spell plan?

==Me==
24-12-2008, 15:06
It's a good plan, but the Book's effect on miscasts is what worries ==Me==. Keep it on a normal Sorc but never on your Lord.

VVar
24-12-2008, 18:13
Well that's what I was attempting to say, I've never run it on a lord before; a lvl 2 with book and power familiar has 4 dice, if I use two to cast a MM it will either drain dice from opponents dispell pool, or if they let it go they'll take some hits. Character and item carrying unit champ sniping is just so much fun :)