PDA

View Full Version : Help with 2000pts Slaanesh , Tzeentch n Wulfrik

Geiseric
20-12-2008, 19:22
Hi People. I wanted to make a fairly balanced army centering around Slaanesh and Tzeentch and using Wulfrik ( as his seafang rule seems cool )for local use.This is what I have came up with;

Exalted hero [ 200 pts ] ( with knights or war machine hunting )
-MOS
-Steed of Slaanesh
-sword of might
-enchanted shield
-favor of the gods
-blood curdling roar

Wulfrik the wanderer [ 185 pts ] ( in one unit of mauraders )

Lvl 2 sorcerer [ 190 pts ] ( in other unit of mauraders )
-MOT
- 2 x dispel scroll

19 x marauder warriors [ 128 pts ]
-MOS
-Light armour
-shields
-musician

19 x marauder warriors [ 128 pts ]
-MOS
-Light armour
-shields
-musician

12 x chaos warriors [ 252 pts ]
-MOS
-Shields
-full command
-rapturous standard

5 x warhounds [ 30 pts ]

5 x warhounds [ 30 pts ]

5 x maurader horsemen [ 91 pts ]
-MOS
-Flails
-Musician

5 x maurader horsemen [ 91 pts ]
-MOS
-Flails
-Musician

5 x chaos knights [ 310 pts ]
-MOT
-Full command
-ensorcelled weapons
-blasted standard

4 x dragon ogres [ 308 ]
-great weapons

1 x chaos spawn [ 55 pts ]

total = 1998 pts

Thinking about it more I probably could drop MOT and lvl 2 on sorcerer as it unlikely I will be able to get any spells off. Thoug I am not sure what to do with the extra points . Put halberds on wariors? A lot people seem to be doing that these days. Or maybe drop 1 DO and the spawn ( as I haven't played with spawn yet , and everyone tells me they're really hit 'n' miss ) and see If I could get another unit or something.
Im used to running cavalry dominated armies but wanted to encorparate Wulfrik in this and make it Slaaneshy. Any advice , help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

yedee
20-12-2008, 19:44
Drop the level and MoT form the sorcerer and DO - they are usually less efficient then knights. For the points saved get yourself another spawn (as they work best in pairs) and 5 nurgle knights with rage banner. Oh, and the FCG on knights isnt worth the additional pts (standard is enough and only when you take a magic banner), it would be better to add one more knight instead. Cheers!