PDA

View Full Version : VC Magic weapon

Geon
20-12-2008, 23:28
Hello,

Because of some misunderstanding about the french translation of the Vampire Counts Army Book, i was wondering what is the precise description of the Vampire sword (errm not sure my translation is exact, a weapon costing 40 points and allowing the wearer to regain hit points for him or/and his unit).

Thanks in advance. :)

Neckutter
20-12-2008, 23:57
i dont know if we are allowed to give specifics, but he/she regains one wound just like the invocation of nehek had been cast on him/her

EDIT: it does say "single wound" and i would say this means it regains one skeleton/ghoul etc lost earlier in the battle.

Geon
21-12-2008, 09:25
In fact the french translation ins't clear because of the "invocation of nehek" part : does it work once whatever the number of wounds or for each wound (allowing to resurrect seveal blood knights for exemple)?

nosferatu1001
21-12-2008, 10:49
Once per wound

VC Doke
21-12-2008, 14:35
It heals the vampire that's using it first, then any models in the unit up to the starting maximum. If you have a 'master' bloodline power, it works great because you can raise more than the unit started with.

Reinnon
21-12-2008, 18:40
No you can't, check the FAQ - it quite clearly states that mastery powers have no effect on the blood drinker/tomb blade.

Still, the blood drinker is still one of the best magic weapons for vampires.