PDA

View Full Version : Noob question: spells and no LOS

Emperor's_Spork
20-12-2008, 22:56
I suspect this is from playing too many different mini-games, but I simply cannot recall, nor find a rules reference.

If a spell is not a magic missile nor specifically mention requiring LOS, can it be cast without LOS?

If this is <gasp!> actually written in a rulebook, a page number will quell much confusion.

Condottiere
20-12-2008, 23:18
Usually, if LOS is required, it will be stated in the spell description. If it is not mentioned, the description will state the range, and if it is possible to cast into combat.

nosferatu1001
21-12-2008, 00:11
For example - it may say any unit within 18". Now unless it further specifies "and in LOS" it does not.

Only magic missiles specifically require lign of sight and would not have that restriction listed.

havoc626
21-12-2008, 02:31
The only times it needs LOS is either when it states that LOS is required, or it is a magic missile without claiming any exeptions.

Nurgling Chieftain
21-12-2008, 02:34
It's hard to page reference the non-existence of a rule, but I do think if such a stricture existed it would be on page 107, left column, right by the paragraph specifying that you cannot normally cast into HtH.