PDA

View Full Version : Sororitas Servants?

Try Again Bragg
20-12-2008, 23:30
There is fluff about many Space Marine chapters having serfs and other servants to do things for them. My question is about the Sisters of Battle.

Who does the day to day work in a SoB convent? Anybody know? If you have any ideas, fluff-supported or otherwise, please let me know.

ctsteel
21-12-2008, 00:14
Being the militant arm of the ecclesiarchy, I imagine there are two types of servants: indentured servant types (as would be working in many adeptus buildings) and aspirants/novices to the order itself - newly acquired young sisters-to-be, doing cleaning and other chores while they reflect on the lessons they are learning and so forth.

Firstborn
21-12-2008, 00:16
I'd imagine the Sororitas themselves do. Regular soldiers do all the menial tasks normal army, and I see no reason why Sororitas shouldn't. They aren't always away at war after all (neither are Marines either, but that's another story).

MrBigMr
21-12-2008, 00:30
The Adepta Sororitas has 3 non-military organizations: Orders Hospitalier, Orders Famulous and Orders Dialogous. So how about one of them? They also work outside of their order for various other organizations and personnel, mostly to make sure they keep in line with their fate. They also do missionary work to spread the holy word.

Orkeosaurus
21-12-2008, 05:11
I'm pretty sure the Ecclesiarchy has tons of menial servants.
The question is how these are distributed to the Sisters.

I would think they would have some servants, at least.
Much like Space Marines, the sisters are probably too important to do menial tasks, unless the point of the task is learn modesty or something.

Tommygun
21-12-2008, 05:36
I would imagine they have their share of servitors too.
Isn't it the Hospitaliers that do most of the hospital and social work?