155pts
2 Wraiths +1 Tomb Banshee
175 pts
Total Count 995
please tell me if this might work or if it will utterly fail thanks in advance

VC Doke
21-12-2008, 14:31
This seems like a good list.

I'd wonder though what your second vampire is going to do when he gets in combat? In 1000 pts, you can't afford to have him killed, because you didn't give him any armor.
AT LEAST, give him an enchanted shield so he'll have a 5+/4+ CC armor save. You can have a magic shield and mundane handweapon and get the bonus. Shave off 2 skellies and buy him the shield.

Stronginthearm
21-12-2008, 16:54
plan is for the most part for him no to be in combat he stays to the rear of my battle line and avoids getting engaged, this allows him to wander around and help any squad that gets in trouble

Walls
21-12-2008, 19:13
The guy with Lord of the Dead... give him a tomb blade. You don't get the extra attack but you raise a skeleton with every kill! Try not to let your other vampire walk around alone. He'll be an easy cannon/handgun/archer target.

You are obviously on course to raise a ton of zombies. Put them out front to absorb damage, have your skeletons just out of reach and/or staggered and perfect.

I struggle to see a use in the wraiths tbh. They'll die hugely to combat res. 175 pts can do a lot.

madival
21-12-2008, 21:51
I am not a fan of a necromancer for just raising dead. 1PD and DD extra for 80 pts just doesnt do it for me. for me, wraiths are situational. if i play orcs in goblins or somthing that is small static CR and lots of kill CR i will take wraiths. IF its lots of static CR i am taking blood knights instead. Personally i prefer ghouls over skeletons. atm i can take nearly 2-1 ghouls to your skeletons and ghouls can actualy deal with big creatures.

VC Doke
22-12-2008, 16:04
The point I'm making about a vampire that dosen't fight is that you're paying for a model that can fight well and just using him to cast. In 1000 pts. you need to make back more than you paid. Raising skellies won't do that. That vampire needs to fight otherwise you might as well play Empire and pay less for a lv. 2 wizard.