PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Brets to vs daemons

Orstein
21-12-2008, 12:01
Tomorrow before work im taking my bret list up against one of the better gamers in our local group.

I think his list is something along the following

Herald of Nurgle

Herald of khorne on jugga

Herald of tzeentch on disk

Heral of Tzeentch on foot

Nurgle Block

Khorne Block

Horrors block

Screamers x6

Maybe some flesh hounds (can't remember)

2 x max flamers.

My list is as followed.
Lord 248
Virtue of Knightly Temper
Tress of isoulde
Curiass of Fortune
Mantel of the damsel elena

Paladin BSB 204
Virtue of Duty
Banner of the Lady

damsel 100
chalice of malfleur

damsel 130
scroll scroll

10 kotr 289
Warbanner

8 knights errant 201
Errantry Banner

6 Kotr 168
full command

6 KOTR 168
full command

5 Mounted yeomen 75
muso

4 pegasus 230
muso

11 Grail Knights 438
banner.

Its had alot of success against daemons before but im yet to try it out against such a nasty and experianced player.

I shall post the report in 2 days.

Malorian
21-12-2008, 16:10
I'm sorry to say I have to go with the deamons.

Brets have a real trouble with deamons (congrats to you on your previous success). Needing the charge the fer test can stop them at the wrong moment, and with flash hounds having the same range it's extemely tough. Once in combat you probably won't destroy them so you are locked in combat and then counted on the following turn.

The grail knights can do a lot but you can bet those flamers and the screamers are going to be all over them...

(I'm also not a fan of the banner of the lady...)

So hopefully the bretonnians pull it off, but I have serious doubts :(

blurred
21-12-2008, 18:50
Although daemons are always tough, his list doesn't seem to be that nasty. I think you have a fair shot at winning the game. :)

And remember to take pictures to go with your extensive report. ;)

darkelves99
21-12-2008, 19:37
Yeah i don't knoiw if his list is very nasty.

3Xhume
21-12-2008, 22:48
Me bet on the brets, why? Simply because there is no terror units from the daemon side. I play bretonnia myself and when i played Daemons, Bloodthirster or Chicken Lord is the one that devastate my army. The Daemon Player has little mounted unit so you will be taking initiatives and choose your battles.

If you ignore the nurgle block, you should be just fine and gone out the victor. Horrors and bloodletters just dont have the staying power to take two lances charge. When i play brets, i always opted to charge a daemon block with at least 3 lances. Bearing in mind that i will fail one fear test. But ofcourse, horrors is your top priority to destroy.

SevenSins
22-12-2008, 00:17
I'll vote for the demons, mainly because I'm not to fond of knights in shining armor (bloated knights in tarnished armour, now thats more my cup of tea)

Orstein
22-12-2008, 16:05
Thank you for your responses.

I changed my list slightly for the game this morning based on some success ive been having with archers in smaller games.

Lord 208
Virtue of Knightly Temper
Curiass of Fortune

Paladin BSB 124
Virtue of Duty
wyrm lance

damsel 100
chalice of malfleur

damsel 130
scroll scroll

10 kotr 289
Warbanner

8 knights errant 201
Errantry Banner

6 Kotr 168
full command

10 archers 75
braziers skirmishers

10 archers 65
braziers

10 archers 65
braziers

5 Mounted yeomen 75
muso

4 pegasus 220

11 Grail Knights 438
banner

Trebuchet 90

We set up terrain with a hill on either side and a wood on each hill. Too my right about 12 away from the center was a horizontalesque lake with a wood rapping around its right. On the left hand side of the center was a stone ruin (one of the old citadel ones thats round and comes already painted)

I won the deployment and started by deploying archers to force him to put down most of his army before i had to put down anything of value.

From my left to right it went Mounted Yeomen Pegasus facing up against his herald and screamers. Then next were my knights of the realm x6 and my grail knights x12 facing off against his blood letters. In the midddle of my line were 2 units of archers (the skirmishing ones in the wood.) and the trebuchet. In the middle of his line were flamers then the nurgle block then the flesh hounds and then the horror block Next were my Knights errant with general and then my KOTR with BSB. who were pretty much infront of the horrors. For some reason i had deployed archers actually infront of my BSB's unit (deploying them early then realising i wanted the space. On his horrors left were his second unit of flamers.

My Plan. Use the yeomen as bait vs the screamers and then romp them with the pegasus who would then come back around and belt in some screamers. Shoot the hounds first so i can cop a charge from them and then counter charge with everything into his horrors and blood letters hopefully smashing through in 1 round of combat. Then its only the flamers and the nurgle block to deal with.

His strategy. Bomb the **** out of my knights with his extensive magic and shooting and march block/flyby with screamers and herald on disk. Counter charge with blood letters when enemy is softened up enough.

Neither of our strategies really went to plan. I will post up the full report tomorrow as im editing through it to makesure everything is right.

Zubb
22-12-2008, 16:14
I've voted for daemons, but I hope that Valour and Honour will prevail (have prevailed?).

Lazarus15
23-12-2008, 21:30
I play a themed Tzeentch DOC army, and I have to say, that the scariest armies are the ones that are fast and powerful. I have played Bret's twice, and both games have been close. Both sides have to face the fact that they are going to lose whole units at one time pretty much, so just minimize the damage.

As daemons, I try and kill his grail/pegasus knights ASAP. Then resolve that I am going to get charged by KOTR or Questing Knights. It doesn't matter usually about the ward save, because they hit on 3's and wound on 2's. That is just too many to make most of the time. The bret. list I played was 3 blocks of 12-15 KOTR, One block of 15 Grail knights, the Green Knight, and 5-6 Pegasus Knights. A unit of knights can drop a 30 man unit of horrors at least one wizard level fairly quickly. Do mulitple charges, and it gets nasty. You can pretty soundly destroy an entire block of horrors, with herald, in one turn by charging it with two units of knights.

As Bret., you have to get their quickly so you minimize the Bolt's of Change that you take. Not to mention in a magic heavy army, if the daemons miscast and roll and 8 or 9 on the miscast table, it is great!

Should be interesting though as to how this one will play out. I voted draw.

Malorian
24-12-2008, 07:54
So where's the report?

Neckutter
24-12-2008, 08:41
my daemon list is pretty bland but the brettonian book has almost no answers for it.

however, most players dont take a hippogriph which could change things.

ive played with my daemons vs brettonians: lined up, marched into his charges, he broke, i ran him down, he conceeded on turn 4.
my list isnt strong and he only failed one fear test, and it was his general on pegasus.

thirsty, S7 flaming, hatred thing
herald slaanesh, lvl 1 wiz, +2 attacks
herald slaanesh, lvl 1 wiz, +2 attacks
herald nurgle, slime trail, vapors, BSB(nuke magic phase banner)

18 plague bearers, full comm
19 daemonettes, full comm
19 daemonettes, full comm
5 flesh hounds
5 flesh hounds