PDA

View Full Version : corsairs with handbows

backslide
21-12-2008, 12:24
these look ammusing, but from what I have gleen online they are not favoured at all, anyone actualy have experence with them?

units of 10 look very useful for flnak guards, and creating a no large target zone

==Me==
21-12-2008, 17:11
I run 12 with a musician and reaver with dual handbows. They put out a ton of shots, survive missile fire well, and can be a nasty surprise for anyone charging you.

Cheap flank guards and a little surprise for any large target. I like them.

Oathwarden
22-12-2008, 03:25
My expierence has been then same as ==Me=='s on the lay out for handbow corsairs. Haven't thrown the musician in myself yet, but plan to as I get to the higher point values. people have balked when I mention my corsairs are standing and shooting and then watching me count out the number of shots comming their way

Sidorio
22-12-2008, 04:12
aye, thats the way that i've used the handbows... but i had a unit of 10 with a reaver/duel handbow combo on each flank. they were a great support unit for my black guard, protecting the units flank down an alley wide enough for only one unit.

PARTYCHICORITA
22-12-2008, 05:29
Units of 10 corsairs are indeed decent flank units, the common dislike for them (i hate them for example) is not because they are a bad unit (which they are not) but because DE have a lot of better choices. For example for almost the same cost you could get a unit of 10 xbowmen with shields.

LanceSaba
22-12-2008, 05:39
what about making the first row bowmen and taking them from the front as they die that way you can move and shoot and by the time you get into close combat you will have your dual wielders in position

btw is this even possible i never played dark elves but thought of a pirate list for them, it wasnt that viable but was nice and fluffy

Marwynn
22-12-2008, 08:32
They are rather nice, but the extra range of the RXBs with the potential 4+ Save in Combat, 5+ against shooting, makes it a tough call. Yes even with the Corsair's Sea Dragon cloaks.

It's not by any means a waste, but a unit of 10 RXBs with Shields can perform shooting duties and flank guard duties well, not to mention be a credible obstruction against common infantry or fast cavalry and the like.

If the handbows could be purchased as additional weaponry instead of replacements I'd throw them in in a heartbeat.

Sidorio
22-12-2008, 09:42
yeah, that i'd definately take... but alas they can't, which means the Repeater Crossbowmen usually get taken. though corsair models are awesomely cool and so are the handbows.