PDA

View Full Version : 1000 points Skaven for tournament

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
21-12-2008, 14:25
Next tuesday, I have a 1000 pts Warhammer tournament in a local store that I visit and after not having played for several months, decided that it might be a nice thing to pick up some games again. The problem in that however, is that some of the armies present (Vampire Counts, Wood Elves, Dark Elves) are the ones I haven't faced in many, many years. So, a little feedback on my list would be nice.

Chieftain, heavy armour, weeping blade, shield
Warlock Engineer, UWEC, warp-blades, storm daemon, dispel scroll
24 Clanrats, musician, standard, ratling gun
24 Clanrats, musician, standard, ratling gun
21 Slaves, musician
4 Poison Wind Globadiers
6 Warplock Jezzails
5 Tunnel Runners, poisoned handweapons
Warp-Lightning Cannon

That makes for 89 models, 6 units to deploy (excluding characters and the tunnel runners) in a little under a thousand points.

Would this be feasible against the armies mentioned?

Greetz

stripsteak
22-12-2008, 22:21
The warp lightning cannon is rather unreliable for being 1/10th of the army. it can be a great weapon when it works but it can also be utterly useless. I might consider dropping it replace it with another unit of slaves, 2 units of 5 night runners each to provide some screening for your troops. remaining points (if any) to increase the clanrat units a bit.

since it's not written that way, i'm just going to suggest you run the globodiers as 2 units of 2, you may already be planning on doing that but just thought i would mention it.