PDA

View Full Version : 2250 WoC just a thought?

Cobrak
21-12-2008, 23:55
This list was just something i wanted an oppinion on.
I don't know how well it will work or if it will work for that matter just look it over and help please

Lord

Sorcerer-384
Runesword,Book of secrets,spell familiar, barded Steed

Heros-543

Sorcerer-186
Scroll,Power Familiar,Barded Steed

Sorcerer-186
Scroll,Third Eye Of Tzeench,Barded Steed

Sorcerer-171
Puppet,barded steed

Core-120

Marauders-40
unit size-10

Marauders-40
unit size-10

Marauders-40
unit size-10

Special-920

Knights-230
MoN,unit size5

Knights-230
MoN,unit size5

Knights-230
MoN,unit size5

Knights-230
MoN,unit size5

Rare-260

Warshrine=130

Warshrine=130

Total-2227

The Marauders are just for board quarters and Core Req.
The heroes and Lord will each go in a respected unit of knights Marked Nurgle (because i cant roll saves to save my life) noting that not much stands a chance once the unit gets to combat. using the sorcs to magic the crap out of warmachines lone chars exct.

Neckutter
22-12-2008, 05:04
book of secrets on your lord who will be casting a lot? horrible.
third eye of tzeentch? most of the time not worth it.
you only need one scroll if you are going magic-heavy
im also assuming that your sorcs are lvl 2 upgraded, right? and that your lord is upgraded to lvl 4.

warshrines dont do anything. take a giant of slaanesh instead. he wins games.
you will not make friends with only 120 points in core for a 2250 army.
i would give you horrible sportsman AND comp, since you are deliberatly min-maxing. if it was a friendly game, i would break out my two slaanesh giants and THAT would be a fun game(for me)

why all the MoN? are you REALLY afraid of that much shooting? with all the points in MoN, you could have 3 more knights in the army. plus your knights need some standards or full command, sheesh.
and i think your sorc lord should be mark of tzeentch. +1 to cast AND a 6+ ward save is amazing for 20 points. plus the #6 spell in tzeentch is awesomely powerful. and the #1 spell is pwnage as well.

madival
22-12-2008, 06:46
I have to agree with neckutter on this. I would pull out all the cheese just to fight this.the biggest problem i would say with this list is a character that can out charge your knights and kill some of them seems like it would obliterate all things it touchs.( mostly vamp lord with flying mount redfury dreadlance would probobly do it). also anything that voids armor saves is gonna kill this list as well.

Cobrak
22-12-2008, 09:25
yes all the sorcs have been upgraded and this list is more for the i wanted to hear what people would say about it as i only play my freinds and yes it is ALOT of shooting DE WE Dwarfs and as stated i cant roll saves for anything and i wouldn't use this list because it just screems punch me. only wanted to see what responses i got from it

Cobrak
22-12-2008, 10:00
By the way this is the list I am currently running

Lord-490

Sorcerer
Lv4,Book,Spellfamiliar,Morrslieb,scroll,MoT,Chario t

Heroes-725

Exalted-225
Mok,Glave,Blasphemous,Juggernaut

Exalted-225
Mok,Runesword,Juggernaut

Sorc-275
MoT,Lv2,Puppet,Chariot

Core-530

Warrors-210
Unit-12,Mus,Standard,Shields

Warrors-210
Unit-12,Mus,Standard,Shields

Horsemen-110
LA,Flails,Mok

Special-500

Knights-250
Mok,Standard

Knights-250
Mok,Standard

==Me==
22-12-2008, 14:07
A single chariot is asking to get cannon'd. It's also too slow.

The Book of Secrets is horrible on a Sorceror Lord because of its effect on miscasts. Instead I'd get some kind of ward save, either a Collar of Khorne or Talisman of Protection. A magic weapon wouldn't hurt either, even a simple Sword of Might makes him respectable in combat.

Marauders are good for cheap static combat res, I wouldn't min/max them. You need some stable fight troops what with your frenzied knights (asking to be baited) and not so fighty Sorcerors.

Don't forget the shields on your mounted Heroes.

Neckutter
22-12-2008, 14:33
i dont mind a single chariot. it adds tactical flexability since WoC dont have ANY skirmishers NOR any fliers. i do however mind a non-fighting character riding one.

definately dump the book of secrets.

i dont like frenzy on anything, except for my wulfrik-lead marauders, since i KNOW they will be in combat the turn after they enter the board and they will get shot to pieces.

i find with WoC that you need a lot of magic for the "shooty" aspect of the game, because your troops are great in HtH. you just need a reason for your opponent to want to fight you instead of dance around you the whole game(dang HE dragons, and eagles).
so i run a magic heavy list to compensate, but i alrdy described my list i think in another post. anyways:
sorc lord, Tz, disc, daemonsword, eye of tz, lvl 4
sorc, lvl 2, MoN, puppet
sorc, lvl 2, MoN, power fam
wulfrik
21 marauders, full comm, flails, khorne
6 knights, MoN, full comm
20 warriors, full comm, nurgle, shields, banner of wrath(6 wide, with the two nurgle sorcs in it)
5 horsemen, flails
giant, slaanesh

its exactly 2250 pts.