PDA

View Full Version : Can a Cardinal be a member of the Inquisition?

FallenScholar
22-12-2008, 02:10
Are there such things as Inquisitor Cardinals? Does this violate the "Decree Passive"?

Views?

Thanks

FallenScholar ]I[

TheOverlord
22-12-2008, 02:19
No, don't think there is such a thing as an Inquisitor Cardinal. Inquisitors aren't part of the Church, after all. And Inquisitors aren't like most other factions, they don't have a defined hierarchy system that we understand, only 2 that I recall which is Inquisitor and Inquisitor Lord, whatever that means.

If you're asking if a Cardinal from the Ecclesiarchy can be an inquisitor, I highly doubt it though. There are many secrets of the Inquisition they'd rather keep away from the Church, in case they go crazy.

Idaan
22-12-2008, 10:11
Wrong. There is exactly such a case described in the Thorian Sourcebook for Inquisitor. Cardinal Gotterich Valon of San Sebastian was inducted into the Inquisition by Inquisitor Van Dremen due to his great knowledge of miracles and living saints. He served first as an Interrogator, and later became a full Inquisitor. It isn't written whether he stopped being a member of Ecclesiarchy or not, but I presume that he had to leave his duties or he'd soon fall into some kind of conflicting competence.

Koryphaus
22-12-2008, 10:19
And if you're lapse in your duities as a Cardinal, the Ordo Hereticus tend to come after you lol

Idaan
22-12-2008, 11:48
Yes, it's probably the same as with Ibram Gaunt: he'd have to shoot himself if he ever commanded his troops to fall back.

heretics bane
22-12-2008, 13:58
Id see them in the Puritan camp.

Theres nothing stopping them and cardinals are extremly zealous just like Inquisitors.

PondaNagura
22-12-2008, 16:47
hmm, i can see them becoming inquisitorial agents, like someone who can act as an intermediary between inquisition and Ecclesiarchy (especially for the Hereticus) retrieving data and info for an inquisitor. maybe an adopted acolyte, but he would still have to act within his own jurisdiction, assuming he isn't overthrown (purged) or because of his authoritative title, can go on a penitence crusade of sorts.

Noserenda
22-12-2008, 17:00
A Cardinal becoming an Inquisitor seems possible, but an Inquisitor (Or even interrogator) Remaining a cardinal is a bit silly, especially during the Ex Cardinals Training. They are both demanding jobs that are frequently at cross purposes.