PDA

View Full Version : WoC Sorcerer lord and chaos sorcerer equiping

changer of fate
22-12-2008, 07:30
hi everyone, just started in WoC, i am always a magic follower so i wanted to hear some opinions on equiping your sorcerers and sorcerer lords. thanks:D

Buddha777
22-12-2008, 18:27
Well I've been kicking around some survival builds and liked the following.

Sorc Lord: Lvl 4, MoT, Bronze Armor, Crown of Conquest, Talisman of Protection, Sword of Might

No means the best fighter with only 3 str5 attacks (but sorc lords arn't meant to be), but is near impossible to kill. 4+/5++ with regenerate is a beast, but with immunity to killing blow and poison makes him a survivor with no equal. This can keep him out of danger of challenges while still being able to cast all his goodness.

I like to leave my character on foot with my block of warriors (or chosen depending on the point level) for fluff reasons but adding in a chaos steed bumbs that armor save up to 2+ and makes him even more survivable and mobile.

Grimzilla
23-12-2008, 07:02
I would do it like this:
Sorcerer Lord: 425 points
Wizard Level 4
Mark Of Tzeentch

Disc Of Tzeentch.

Armour Of Morrslieb
Death's Head
Talisman of Protection
Power Familiar
Bloodcurdling Roar

Djekar
23-12-2008, 08:06
I actually run my Sorc Lord:
MoSlaanesh, Enchanted Shield, Spell Familiar, Barded Steed. Every so often I run a Gift like Homonculus/Third Eye, but most of the time, that's it.
Then I stick him in a unit of Knights (usually with the Banner of Rage) and go to town. I try to keep my characters cheap, for the most part. That and I really love Slaanesh, and try to do mono-Slaaneshi armies.

~Yams

Lord Khabal
23-12-2008, 11:54
My mage lord has every type of magic item:
MOT / disc / Ench. Shield / S. Might / BOSecrets / spell familiar / Geye / Roar
yey!!! he knows 6 spells, has 1+AS / 3+WSv / and generates 5 PD (good for gateway). This guy rocks... and trashes war machines, enemy mages, etc...

backslide
23-12-2008, 12:05
mark of tzeentch, talasman of protection, demon weapon on demonic mount

3+ save 5+ ward, lots of attacks at least S5 :)

Havock
23-12-2008, 18:32
And possibly killing yourself. Better take a runesword.

Fenix_
23-12-2008, 18:48
i love the daemon sword, but i use it with a steed and enchanted shield(and MoN), the worst save you get againts the sword is 3+, and only if you roll +3S

jhon
24-12-2008, 02:39
which hero will you choose :

hero A
MOK
whip of subversion
great weapon
helm of eyes
shield

hero B
axe of khorne
barb steed
shield
MoN

hero C:
level 1 wizard shadow lore #1
glavie of paterfacation

changer of fate
24-12-2008, 05:15
I would chose the first one, but its illegle so i will go for the second.

jhon
24-12-2008, 05:59
I would chose the first one, but its illegle so i will go for the second.

illeagle ? how ?

Neckutter
24-12-2008, 08:48
ive recently changed my mind about the rod of torment. this is the best build for a sorc lord:
lord, lvl 4, tzeentch, disc, armor of morsleib, rod of torment, enchanted shield, fury of the blood god.

this gives you a 3+ ward vs non-magical attacks, 1+ armor save, MR(2), and a 3+ ward vs magic wounds. VERY survivable. however you are horrible in combat. you need to use his disc to fly around and not get charged. the rod of torment is just icing on the cake, since you are flying around shooting fireballs anyways. tonight i played against orcs and i cast the #6 tz spell 5 times and i didnt roll 11 or 12 hits. however i did nuke a unit of Blorcs. 10 hits, S10 was amazing.

changer of fate
24-12-2008, 08:54
[QUOTE=jhon;3157208]illeagle ? how ?[/QUOT

because if you have a magic weapon you can't have a normal weapon.

Grimzilla
24-12-2008, 09:29
[QUOTE=jhon;3157208]illeagle ? how ?[/QUOT

because if you have a magic weapon you can't have a normal weapon.

I think it is possible to have a magic weapon and a normal weapon, but you always have to use the magic weapon so that makes the normal weapon useless. 90% sure of this, dont have a rule book with me atm.

ive recently changed my mind about the rod of torment. this is the best build for a sorc lord:
lord, lvl 4, tzeentch, disc, armor of morsleib, rod of torment, enchanted shield, fury of the blood god.

this gives you a 3+ ward vs non-magical attacks, 1+ armor save, MR(2), and a 3+ ward vs magic wounds. VERY survivable. however you are horrible in combat. you need to use his disc to fly around and not get charged. the rod of torment is just icing on the cake, since you are flying around shooting fireballs anyways. tonight i played against orcs and i cast the #6 tz spell 5 times and i didnt roll 11 or 12 hits. however i did nuke a unit of Blorcs. 10 hits, S10 was amazing.

Fury of the Blood God doesnt allow you to use magic items.
And you cant have an enchanted shield and armor of morsleib since both are Magic Armors.