PDA

View Full Version : 1k Dark Elves starting out.

rossco13.com
22-12-2008, 12:59
So i have decided to start warhammer after 2 years of going on and of it. I have decided to do Dark Elves but the guy in my GW said i should go Orcs and Goblins because i usaualy lose he said, but o'well i like a challenge so tell me if this is a good list for my first Warhammer Fanasty list:

HEROES:

Lvl 2 sorceress with Dispel Scroll and Power Stone - 150pts

CORE:

16 Dark Elve Warriors with Lording, Musician, Standard Bearer and all but Musician have shield - 127pts

16 Dark Elve Crossbowmen with lording, Musician, Standard Bearer - 180pts

20 Black arc Corsairs 2 hand weapons each with Reaver, Musician, Standard Bearer with Sea Seperant Standard - 250pts

7 Harpies - 77pts

SPECIAL:

5 Cold One knights with Dread Knight, Musician, Standard Bearer with Dread Banner - 215pts

TOTAL - 999pts:)

lector#1
22-12-2008, 13:11
i like the look of the list but maybe you should free up some points and put hand bows on the corsairs and hide your sorc in there and then you will be more protected from shooting gotta love the sea dragon cloak

rossco13.com
22-12-2008, 13:13
i need your help with colo scheme iam thinking really litely drybrushed armour and shield with codex grey with a red highlight

Dark Rider Elite
22-12-2008, 13:38
i dont mind this army but Cok will die extremly quickly in squads of 5 tacke 6/7 and remove sea serpent banner from Corsairs and remove some of the corsairs

Anyways tht what i think XD

rossco13.com
22-12-2008, 13:59
Well very ones got thier own opinon but this army really based around bf but i might not get the bf i don't know because not getting them for christmas getting guitar effects and all that and my gran broke her angle in four places so she cant get me anything execpt money and then ill have to wait until after christmas god dam it this is going to be a slow project plus need to paint blood ravens

==Me==
22-12-2008, 14:38
So i have decided to start warhammer after 2 years of going on and of it. I have decided to do Dark Elves but the guy in my GW said i should go Orcs and Goblins because i usaualy lose he said, but o'well i like a challenge so tell me if this is a good list for my first Warhammer Fanasty list:

Guys at GW don't know what they hell they're talking about :p O&G have some problems now, but you can still win with them. Besides, if you like the army, you'll pick it up eventually and be the better player for it.

I'd prefer a Darkstar Cloak for an extra PD every turn instead of 2 per game. If you have a big block of Spearmen the Sacrificial Dagger works too.

16 Dark Elve Warriors with Lording, Musician, Standard Bearer and all but Musician have shield - 127pts

You have to buy a shield for every model, so you can't not pay for the musician's. I'd run at least 20 to get the full benefit of your rank bonus. If your Sorceress takes the Dagger I'd bump it up to 25 minimum.

Keep the Crossbowmen cheap and low numbers. 10 and a musician is all you need, cheap fire support. Shield would be nice but aren't a necessity.

20 Black arc Corsairs 2 hand weapons each with Reaver, Musician, Standard Bearer with Sea Seperant Standard - 250pts

Corsairs are too expensive to run as fully ranked up infantry. 12-18 work best, run 6 wide with the Sea Serpent Standard to maximize attacks. Use them to flank and tear up infantry, stick with your spearmen for static combat resolution.

7 Harpies - 77pts

5 work just as well.

5 Cold One knights with Dread Knight, Musician, Standard Bearer with Dread Banner - 215pts

They already cause Fear, the Dread Banner is a waste. I'd take the Standard of Slaughter instead so you know they can break the enemy. 5 COKs will draw a lot of fire, try and fit another one in there or get a Master to go with them. The Ring of Hotek is also good protection.

You've sunk too many points in Corsairs I'd say. Drop them down to 12 and you can bulk out your spearmen and still have enough to pick up another small unit of Crossbowmen or a cheap Assassin to help get some kills.

FunkyRatDemon
24-12-2008, 03:34

HEROES:

CORE:

7 Harpies - 77pts

SPECIAL:

TOTAL - 999pts:)
You mis-costed your Lv2
Each of your DE Warriors needs a shield
No reason to have a command for Repeaterer X-bowmen, only make them a 10
5 Harpies do as much as that unit of 7 u have
Corsairs are not that great. I converted mine into other Spearmen. Overcosted for their use
I only give my CoK's a Dread Knight (even in my 2250 list, and I run 2 units)
With all those remaining pts, I'd get more Spearmen and swap out the Power Stone for a Sacrificial Dagger. Then get a Reaper Bolt Thrower (or a cheap Master w/ HA, Enchanted Shield, SDC, +Crimson Death)