PDA

View Full Version : WoC 2000p newbie army!

Gearwar
22-12-2008, 20:34
Hey here's a army list for 2000p that i just made, as stated im new to the game and would like som advice!

Im going up another player who is also new to the game, she plays an highelf army.

I think i overspended on char choises but here is the list:

chaos lord 390p
Armor of Damnation
Chaos runesword
Favor of the gods
Demonic mount
Mark of nurgle
Shield

Exalted Hero 165p
Mark of Khorne
Shield
Rending Sword

Core:

18 Chaos warriors 366p
Shields
Mark of Nurgel
Halberds
Fullcommand

5 Marauderhorsemen 140p
Flails
Lightarmor
Mark of khorne
Fullcommand

5 Marauderhorsemen 140p
Flails
Lightarmor
Mark of khorne
Fullcommand

5 Chaos warhounds 30p

5 Chaos warhounds 30p

Special:

12 Chosen 385
Shields
Halberds
Mark of khorne
Fullcommand
-Collar of khorne
Banner of Blasted Standard

6 Chaos Knights 355
Full command
Mark of Nurgle
Banner of rage

I was thinking chosen and Chaos warriors goes up the middel supported on the flanks by Chaos knights and Horesmen, using hounds as disposable units.
I was thinking about letting the lord ride on his own and the exalted hero go with the chosen.

And internet says? :confused:

GodlessM
22-12-2008, 20:48
There's a lot that you could do to improve this list, and I would be glad to help as a 4yrs Chaos player.

The Lord is first. He only takes up unnecessary points, but an Exalted can do just as well in the game. Your best bet is to exchange him for an Exalted with the Runesword a Shield and a Barded Steed.

Chaos Warriors, being so tough and expensive, work fine at 15, so you should drop the three extras.

For the Horsemen, the Full Command is both an unnecessary points sink and also easy VP when your opponent takes their banner. Just take a Musician.

For the Knights, with 15A @ S5 and 10A @ S4 and 1SCR, they will not be needing a full command, so dropping the champion would be a good idea.

Finally, drop the Chosen, they are way too expensive and underperforming, normal Chaos Warriors do just as well, but right now, I would advise getting two Chariots instead. You will then have 145pts from this, 20pts from the Knights, 51pts from the Warriors, 48pts from the Horsemen, and 155pts from the Lord. That's 319pts.

First thing you need is magical protection. Take a Level 1 Sorcerer with two Scrolls for 135pts.

The last thing to do would be give the Khorne Exalted a BSB, and take 20 Marauders with Full Command, Light Armour, and Shields.

Gearwar
22-12-2008, 21:03
Thx for the advice, i wrote down 18 warriors because i was think of fielding them with 6 warriors in each rank, is that a bad idea?

Drop commands for horesmen, check.
Drop lord, check. when is it wise to use a lord choise?

So Chosen is basicly not worth it?

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
22-12-2008, 21:23
I would reccomend having your warriors six wide (it's a good idea), however, 15 is fine, that's how many I have in my units. just have two ranks of six and an incomplete rank of 3, +1 rank bonus is more than enough to win a combat, especialy with 13 ws 5 strength 5 (including halberds) attacks. Personally I would drop mark of khorne on your marauder horsemen, fast cav are meant to bait units and frenzy will lead you into uneccesary charges that you REALLY don't want to happen, mark of Slaanesh would work well. Also, I agree with Godless M, M.Horsemen only need a musician to help them rally when they flee from charges . I wouldn't say that chosen are OVER pointed, rather that they're good, just a little bit of a gamble. The extra points really come in with the eye of the gods roll, which could be amazing like plus one attack, stubborn and four plus ward save, or plus one toughness, or something really crap like plus one leadership or cause fear. If you are looking for more reliable units, then a unit of chaos warriors will suffice. Hope this helps.

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
22-12-2008, 21:31
also, I would put your chaos lord in the knight unit, the high elf player may be using a bolt thrower and your lord will be D E S T R O Y E D. trust me, it has happend to me with my ogre tyrant enough times, I mean yeah, ogres don't have much armour but when my ogre lord with toughness six, five wounds, a five plus ward save and one re reoll for a failed save got shredded by three bolt throwers I was a bit gutted, bearing in mind single bolt shots negate armour, your lords best bet on survival, and chaos lords don't get particularly amazing ward saves unless you are really willing to fork out the points.

Gearwar
22-12-2008, 21:37
So uppdated the list a bit, how those this seem?

Exalted Hero 201p
Mark of Khorne
Shield
Runesword
Steed

Exalted Hero 135p
BSB (Should this be a magical standard and if so, what would it be?)

Sorc 135p
lvl1
2 scrolls

15 Chaos warriors 315p
Shields
Mark of Nurgel
Halberds
Fullcommand

15 Chaos warriors 315p
Shields
Mark of Nurgel
Halberds
Fullcommand

20 Marauders 170p
Shields
Lightarmor
MoK
Fullcomand

5 Marauderhorsemen 96p
Flails
Lightarmor
MoS
Musician

5 Marauderhorsemen 96p
Flails
Lightarmor
MoS
Musician

5 Marauderhorsemen 96p
Flails
Lightarmor
Mos
Musician

5 Chaos warhounds 30p

5 Chaos warhounds 30p

6 Chaos Knights 310
Full command
Mark of Nurgle
Banner of rage
Standard
Musician

2 x Charriot 300p
Mark of Khorne

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
22-12-2008, 22:05
the list looks better. For magical standards for your BSB i would reccomend the standard that gives all units within 12" stubborn, however, the only problem with this is the standard is about 125 points! you could go for blasted standard which gives the unit a 5+ ward save from all ranged attacks to make sure that you are more likely to make it across to the other side with at least one unit in good condition, bearing in mind you are only movement four. ( 45 points) alternatively you could get a war banner which just adds an extra point of combat res ( so u would get 1 point for rank, one point for standard, one point for BSB, and one point for war banner before the fighting even begins giving you 4 points before you start, costing 25 points) I personally would go with the 5+ ward. I'm not sure on chaos chariots, although I haven't read their full rules. War shrines with the mark of Tzeench are very good. They improve your units and are hard as nails, especially since mark of Tzeench gives them a 3+ ward save.

Gearwar
22-12-2008, 22:11
Yeah The warshrine seems nice, but 1d6+1 impacts hit seemed good because impact hits is always resolved first(?) and thats kind of good vs HE?

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
22-12-2008, 23:21
Impact hits do strike first ( I have an ogre army so Impact hits are important to me) it would be effective against HE, the only issue I have is this. I am going to assume the person you are facing is probably taking bolt throwers. although single shots from High elf bolt throwers are only strength six, they still inflict d3 wounds and negate armour saves. In other words, they'd get demolished, unless your opponent was distracted by something else. Plus chariots are fairly slow giving them plenty of time to snipe them. To be perfectly honest, I'm not a chariot fan, although, you don't have to take my word for it, it's just that whenever I have faced chariots before I have found that they rely far to heavily on a good roll for impact hits and if they fail to succeed that, they are soon out of their depth.:)

GodlessM
23-12-2008, 01:56
The list is looking great now, but frenzied chariots is a really bad idea, especially against an elf army.

Cartoon
23-12-2008, 02:44
I probably be yelled at for saying this, but in my opinion chosen are worth it. They have the chance to become something monstrous, and if you give the champ favor of the gods it increases the likelihood of getting something decent. Besides, they make your army look so much cooler and that in itself is worth it.

Gearwar
23-12-2008, 09:57
okay, so charriots would be slaugtherd, what can i exhange them for?

Warshrines x 2 300pts
mark of tz

Chosen x 10 300pts
Shield
halberds
fullcommand
Mark of nurgel

Dragon ogres x 4 288pts
XHW

is any of these a good choise?

invinciblebug
23-12-2008, 13:16
The dragon ogres seem good, or you could add another unit of chaos warriors with MoN. I would suggest a giant with MoS if you weren't fighting HE in which case it's pretty useless and it will get shoot to pieces quite quickly. I allways try to get the rapturous standard into my armies as I see it as one of the best in WoC book, but I wouldn't put it on a BSB, the 5+ ward save banner is good.

Gearwar
23-12-2008, 14:10
So uppdated the list a bit, how those this seem?

Exalted Hero 201p
Mark of Khorne
Shield
Runesword
Steed

Exalted Hero 175p
BSB
Blasted standard

Sorc 135p
lvl1
2 scrolls

15 Chaos warriors 315p
Shields
Mark of Nurgel
Halberds
Fullcommand

15 Chaos warriors 315p
Shields
Mark of Nurgel
Halberds
Fullcommand

20 Marauders 170p
Shields
Lightarmor
MoK
Fullcomand

5 Marauderhorsemen 96p
Flails
Lightarmor
MoS
Musician

5 Marauderhorsemen 96p
Flails
Lightarmor
MoS
Musician

5 Marauderhorsemen 96p
Flails
Lightarmor
MoS
Musician

5 Marauderhorsemen 96p
Flails
Lightarmor
Mos
Musician

5 Chaos warhounds 30p

5 Chaos warhounds 30p

6 Chaos Knights 310
Full command
Mark of Nurgle
Banner of rage
Standard
Musician

1 Warshrine 150p
MoT

So Changed the chariots to a warshrine added the blasted standrad and added on more group of Horesmen.

To me et looks like a strong army with lots of units, i like it.
What do you guys say?

==Me==
23-12-2008, 15:01
I'm not sure why the hate for Chosen and Chariots is here. Chosen are expensive, but they get their bonus and can do some pretty mean stuff. Chariots are a must against HE, and if you're worried about Bolt Throwers the Mark of Nurgle or Tzeentch would help a lot.

I don't think your BSB need a magic standard, all you really need is the re-roll for Break Tests and you can trick him out like any other exalted.

Your General could use some better protection, the Armor of Morrslieb or Crimson Armor of Dargan would help.

I'd give your foot block of Marauders the Mark of Slaanesh for cheap ITP with no downsides and no frenzy.

Otherwise it looks solid.

Gearwar
23-12-2008, 19:46
Thinking of exhanging

2 units of horsemen and the warshrine against

6 Knights
Mark of nurgel
Standard
Musician

and

5 Chaos warhounds

The knights should with a better armor save than a charriot would be more protected from bolttrowers, the -3 armorpiercing from bolttrower should leave them with +4 save(?) with -1 to shot at them its a risk im willing to take.
They are mean guys so i guess puny elfs will cry when they are in closecombat with these guys!

What do you think about this?