PDA

View Full Version : 2k DA Army. Looking for any thoughts and suggestions.

Cassius_Gray
22-12-2008, 23:21
I played a game against tomb kings recently with a list almost exactly like the one below, with just a few changes made. I really like it as it feels pretty balanced, but I am wondering what alterations you guys would make, especially since this is my first foray into DA?

Master with Armor of Darkness and Crimson Death (130)

Sorceress with dispel scroll and hotek (150)

both of above characters in a unit of:

23 black guard with the standard of hag graef (369)

master with lifetaker, steed, cloak, heavy armor, enchanted shield and great weapon (149)

above character in a unit of:

23 spearmen with war banner (178)

BSB Master with shield, heavy armor, cloak, cold one, lance and hydra banner (214)

above character in a unit of:

6 CoK, champion with pearl of infinite bleakness (227)

10 repeater xbows (100)

10 repeater xbows (100)

War Hydra (175)

5 Harpies (55)

5 Harpies (55)

Reaper Bolt thrower (100)

Thanks!

==Me==
23-12-2008, 05:53
Master with Armor of Darkness and Crimson Death (130)

If he's with the ASF Black Guard, the Soul Render would actually be better thanks to armor piercing. I'd rather give him the Pendant, heavy armor, sea dragon cloak and great weapon for better protection.

Sorceress with dispel scroll and hotek (150)

Ring of Hotek on a caster? I'd put her somewhere else so she can get a spell off occasionally. The Ring can go with your BG champion.

23 black guard with the standard of hag graef (369)

Add a full command and put the Ring of Hotek here. You could also drop down to 17 as ranks aren't that necessary for this unit.

master with lifetaker, steed, cloak, heavy armor, enchanted shield and great weapon (149)

Why lifetaker? It's a decent weapon, but doesn't seem all that useful in a fighty block.

23 spearmen with war banner (178)

Add a full command and shields and you're set.

BSB Master with shield, heavy armor, cloak, cold one, lance and hydra banner (214)

Yummy.

6 CoK, champion with pearl of infinite bleakness (227)

The Pearl does not negate stupidity, get a full command and the Standard of Slaughter.

10 repeater xbows (100)

10 repeater xbows (100)

Musicians would be nice.

War Hydra (175)

Good.

5 Harpies (55)

5 Harpies (55)

Good.

Reaper Bolt thrower (100)

Just the one bolt thrower won't do all that much, get another or put the points elsewhere.

In addition to the above suggestions, I'd drop the Lifetaker master, upgrade your BG Master to a Dreadlord with the Pendant and Soulrender, and pick up another Bolt Thrower.

If you wanted some extra magic power, try out a Supreme Sorceress with the sacrificial dagger in the unit of spearmen. She can generate a frightful amount of power dice for one lady.

backslide
23-12-2008, 06:00
really odd mixed in there, ring on hotec should not be on a caster... and she is a waste in the black guard anyway

don't see the point of the 3rd master really, use the points to upgrade the one in the black guard to a lord and get another reaper they are best in pairs

that aside have to agree with ME for the most part

really odd build to be honest

I would drop a master and upgrade the lvl2 to a lvl4 and stick her in the spearmen with a dagger give u a nice solid magic phase

pfishy98
24-12-2008, 00:13
as you get into DEs, i think you will find harpies to be useless and not worth the pts. I think you should drop them and add another repeater bolt thrower.