PDA

View Full Version : magic weapon destroyed

Fangschrecken
23-12-2008, 00:49
What happens when a the Bret morning star destroy's a magic weapon? it says the weapon is destroyed, so does it still count as a nonmagical version of the same weapon, or is the character forced to use anouther weapon?

Surgency
23-12-2008, 02:09
a weapon destroyed result would make the weapon unusable. Hope you brought a hand weapon :p

Thurizdan
23-12-2008, 04:32
Everyone counts as having a hand weapon. Unless they're, like, blind or limbless or something.

Surgency
23-12-2008, 05:58
I believe that some characters, for whatever reason, aren't given hand weapons. I don't have my army books handy, though, so I could be wrong about that

Condottiere
23-12-2008, 06:12
I'd be interested in knowing which characters and units don't have hand weapons by default.

Necromancy Black
23-12-2008, 07:15
Page 54 Under Weapons and Units states that all units and characters are assume to have a Hand Weapon of some kind.

So I think it would be a case of a character would have to either say "does not have a hand weapon" or "may not use..." to not count as having one, as they all have them by default.

This get's kinda unclear with things like Dire Wolfs and Zombies, but thankfully they can't take shields.

Braad
23-12-2008, 13:08
Dire wolfs got claws and teeth (teef), and zombies got limbs. All can be used as 'hand weapon'. Its not like they really got a weapon, but more that they can attack but without any special options...

Indeed, a zombie fencing with a shield and his arm would be a weird way of getting extra armour save...

Cambion Daystar
23-12-2008, 13:32
Dire wolfs got claws and teeth (teef), and zombies got limbs. All can be used as 'hand weapon'. Its not like they really got a weapon, but more that they can attack but without any special options...

Indeed, a zombie fencing with a shield and his arm would be a weird way of getting extra armour save...

How about a zombie fencing with a shield and another zombie's arm? :)