PDA

View Full Version : 2250pt High Elf list

coldblooded
23-12-2008, 04:41
gday all im at work atm and thought i post my new army list here and was wondering wat u think

archmage 350pts
lvl 4, seerstaff, dispel scroll, ring of fury

dragon mage 415pts
lvl 2, silverwand, dispel scroll

18 spearmen
standard, musician

10 lothern sea gaurd

5 silverhelms
musician

5 dragon Princes
musician

12 swordmaster
standard warbanner, musician, champion amulet of the light

12 whitelions
standard banner of sorcerry, musician, champion

war lion chariot of chrace

2 repeater bolt throwers

2 great eagles

I dont have my army book wit me atm bt that is wat i think it is off the top of my head, so i appolagise for any mistakes. anyways tell me wat use think
cheers...

WhiteKnight
23-12-2008, 05:28
Well this is pretty good in magic. Got that handled. All you have to do now is get your units fixed and you have a solid list. Don't use sea guard. They are too expensive for what they do. You're basically paying 3 extra points/model for a regualr bow. 4 if you add shields. You will be much better off with 2 units of 20 spearmen. For your units, you're paying a lot in the cavalry and in characters. Take out the silver helms and then add towards the White Lions. The swordmasters aren't worth taking full command unless in high numbers. They aren't very resilient so they'll go pop because everyone knows how nasty they can be. Take out the magic items and command off the swordmasters and you free up more points. Then whatever left over points you have can be used on other things like unit numbers or maybe even a mage or combat character.

backslide
23-12-2008, 06:03
archmage 350pts
lvl 4, seerstaff, dispel scroll, ring of fury

dragon mage 415pts
lvl 2, silverwand, dispel scroll

pretty much the combo I use its great fun!

looks about 2250 and close to what i tend to use myself

coldblooded
23-12-2008, 12:25
hmm i like haven 2 small bt mobile cav units as they can potential hit quite hard and always tend to keep the enemy guessing on wat my next move will be. why do u not take silver helms ?? and i dont think elf spearmen r that good as i tend to be playing alot of t4 troops when i play which makes them rather useless as they do very little damage especially against warriors of chaos which r a nightmare for them. i agree on the swordmasters they get punished in magic/shooting phases of the game bt if i get the first rank to the fight wit the combo i got going **** dies lol. i remember playen a daemons list wit them and the amulet of the light worked wonders and canceled out there wards saves. i wouldnt mind adding a bsb wit battle banner bt i dont think i could thin out my list anymore than it already is.

backslide
23-12-2008, 12:46
i remember playen a daemons list wit them and the amulet of the light worked wonders and canceled out there wards saves. i wouldnt mind adding a bsb wit battle banner bt i dont think i could thin out my list anymore than it already is.

worth noting that one don't work no more magical attack don't negate demonic wards anymore

bsb in them would just make them yet more of a target

Lazarus15
23-12-2008, 14:26
I would take Jewel of the dusk, and Guardian Phoenix on the dragon mage. Having the ability to pump out 4 dice (3 he creates plus the 1 free) on the first spell, without delving into the pool, is pretty sick. Or you can use two spells that roll 2 and 3 respectively without delving into the pool! The guardian phoenix, in my opinion is what can save this guy. He has no save, and nine times out of ten, they will allocate attacks to the rider as he is easier to kill, or if the allocation from shooting hits him. That is just how I run him though.

Your numbers are WAY too low. Unfortunetly they are toughness elf, and can be brittle. I personally run two blocks of spearmen (18-21) and a 20 man block of Swordmasters/Phoenix Guard (wish I had white lions). I would run them 6-7 wide, numbering at least 20. Hope this helps!

pfishy98
24-12-2008, 00:08
hmmm....if i was you, id use more than two characters, at least one hero level fighter to put in the white lions or swordmasters, just to give them the edge on other elite blocks like WoC chosen or black orcs

backslide
24-12-2008, 00:37
I would take Jewel of the dusk, and Guardian Phoenix on the dragon mage.

silver wand is far better for the dragon mage, he gets an extra dice for each spell so 3 spells good! esp combined with banner of sorcery

normally I give the pool dice to the level4 so he has 6 and what ever dice come from the banner to the dragn mage and let him go nuts

coldblooded
24-12-2008, 08:51
hmm maybe i should get rid of the silverhelms and add to the numbers in both the swordmasters and whitelions maybe getten there numbers to about 14 each and try fit in a bsb to go into the dragon princes. bt i reckon id be pushing for points wit that

Lazarus15
25-12-2008, 00:23
I personally prefer the Jewel of the Dusk, because he already gets two spells as a level two, and the lore of fire doesn't do a lot of damage, however the flaming sword of rhuin does. As long as I can throw 4 dice on that spell, and not have to dig into the pool, I am happy. I run the dragon mage with two other high elf mages to back up the rest of the army, so the banner of sorcery dice go to the other mages.

With the silver wand, he still only generates two base dice, and can throw an extra dice on each spell. He cannot only throw this extra dice per spell, he has to use other pool dice to throw his "extra". Uses too many dice just to use the lore of fire. You can throw 4 dice on the F.S.o.R., then with your other mages, cast Shield of Saphery and Drain magic at least once if not twice. If you do this, the remains in play value of F.S.o.R., increases by 3 or 6, until your next magic phase. Fairly difficult to dispell without burning 3-4 power dice.

backslide
25-12-2008, 08:08
I think ur placing to much in his flaming sword I never use it, alwasy use fireball and pump out the spells

Lazarus15
25-12-2008, 22:39
The only problem is that against competitive opponents, they will just be like, "ok" as the damage isn't spectacular. I will definitely give that build a shot, but I think it comes down to how you see this guy getting used. If I wanted another spell caster, I would just get another regular mage. Just to cast a few Lore of fire spells, why are you paying all the points for the dragon?

When you charge basic infantry for the most part, this guy is perfect with the flaming sword.

coldblooded
26-12-2008, 10:54
i use the dragom mage to get behind the enemies advance while raining death wit his spells and when the time is right i rear charge him and engage the front of the enemy unit wit one of my own so i take ranks from the dragon mages high unit strength +2 for rear charge and ranks from unit engaged to enemies fron along wit banner etc.. so i use the dragon mage to multi purposefully to do damage wit his fire spells on the way up then charge wit flaming sword of ruin to the rear or flank of enemy unit and take there rank bonus as well as hopefully wining the combat. generally speakin i will try engage the enemies unit wit another unit of mine so that he dosent flee as a charge reaction and put my mage in a bad position.

cicero
26-12-2008, 13:13
i think dragon mages are just terror bombs.against any decent opponents they will kill the mage snd ignore the dragon.put the arch mage on an eagle instead and stick the mage in a block.or try banner of sorcery in magic heavy armies it pays for itself several times i find

coldblooded
27-12-2008, 01:55
ok here is my new list tell me wat u think now

archmage 350pts
lvl4, seerstaff, ring of fury, dispel scroll

dragon mage 415pts
lvl2, silverwand, dispel scroll

18 spearmen 182pts
standard, musician

18 spearmen 182pts
standard, musician

14 swordmasters 228pts
standard, musician

14 whitelions 290pts
champion, standard, musician, banner of sorcery

5 dragon princes 160pts
musician

lion chariot 140pts

2 repeater bolt throwers 200pts

2 great eagles 100pts

total 2247pts

8-11 pd + 1 for each spell the dragon mage attempts
5 dd + 2 dispel scrolls

Ive got rid of the silver helms and lothern sea guard and added another unit of spearmen and added 2 to each of my special units. wat do u think of my changes.

I reckon i need to add the silverhelms back to the list as they can provide some nasty rear/flank charges and take the rank bonus from the enemies units or should i stick wit this new list.

cheers and thx for ur help so far

Lazarus15
30-12-2008, 18:16
No that is a fine army. 4 Blocks, 5 flankers, 2 bolt throwers, and magic. Seems to be a reasonably balenced, solid list.