PDA

View Full Version : My life-size helmet is almost done!

Scopedog
27-11-2005, 04:11
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/25705750/

starlight
27-11-2005, 04:18
Now that's the best laugh I've had all day. Thanks for that.:D

<goes to clean the ice cream off the keyboard>:p

MacB
27-11-2005, 11:11
Awesome! :D
Best SENMM I've ever seen. ;) :angel:

Hideous Loon
27-11-2005, 11:45
Hehe! That was such fun.

Zechs
27-11-2005, 14:11
Did you follow the link under the frying pan? There is the link to the actual marine helmet.

McMullet
27-11-2005, 14:21
Is that Mk VII or Mk VIII? The handle looks like a Mk VII, but I'm sure the TeflonŽ non-stick coating was a modification that didn't appear until the Mk VIII was introduced.

Scopedog
28-11-2005, 01:40
Is that Mk VII or Mk VIII? The handle looks like a Mk VII, but I'm sure the Teflon&#174; non-stick coating was a modification that didn't appear until the Mk VIII was introduced.

I was wondering if anyone would catch that glaring discrepency. Sadly, my Black Templar pan/helmet is fluff-inaccurate. :cries:

starlight
28-11-2005, 02:07
Double breathey pipes. My favourite!

Sylass
28-11-2005, 10:56
Better add the real link to your initail post before we have to waste this thread. ;)

-> http://scopedog.deviantart.com/scraps/

Scopedog
04-12-2005, 05:18
I'm getting close... (for real this time)

http://scopedog.deviantart.com/scraps/

CELS
04-12-2005, 05:53
Good story btw. Or was it art? I liked it anyway :D

Makaber
04-12-2005, 06:09
That is awesome beyond words. I want one too.

Pillx
05-12-2005, 05:28
That helmet's looking really nice! I like that it has a metalic slate grey color. At one point I had considered using auto related enamels on some odds and ends marines I had floating around to see how they'd pan out.

I have a friend who ran by the name of "Red Shoulder." I didn't think there were a lot of people around who know of Armored Trooper Votoms.

Scopedog
05-12-2005, 05:59
That helmet's looking really nice! I like that it has a metalic slate grey color. At one point I had considered using auto related enamels on some odds and ends marines I had floating around to see how they'd pan out.

I have a friend who ran by the name of "Red Shoulder." I didn't think there were a lot of people around who know of Armored Trooper Votoms.

Thanks for the compliment!

The black metallic is actually Model Masters spray paint and looks even better in person. I think it will look a lot better that plain black on such a big model, especially with the very subtle difference it has from the gunmetal I used on the hoses and grill.

VOTOMs has been my favorite anime for many years. Coincidentally, I use "redshoulder" as my e-mail address.

immortal99
06-12-2005, 20:08
Are you going to wear this and can you see through the eyes?

Scopedog
06-12-2005, 23:03
Are you going to wear this and can you see through the eyes?

Yes and yes.

Scopedog
07-12-2005, 08:53
Maleficos non patieris vivere

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/26113296/

Shadow-raven
18-12-2005, 22:17
Wow! this is nice! To be honest with you I don't think it could be done any better without having a LOT of time and cash...

P.S. what is the helmet made of?

Scopedog
19-12-2005, 20:40
Wow! this is nice! To be honest with you I don't think it could be done any better without having a LOT of time and cash...

P.S. what is the helmet made of?

Thanks!

It's made of vacuformed styrene. I bought it as a kit from e-Bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8713249120&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I've never worked with vacuform plastic or with a subject so large, but it was remarkably easy.

Wiseman
21-12-2005, 11:52
looks very very nice:)

EmperorsChamp01
21-12-2005, 13:41
Well when you get done send us the plans because i want to make one

Scopedog
22-12-2005, 00:30
Well when you get done send us the plans because i want to make one

It's pretty much done now:

http://scopedog.deviantart.com/gallery/

The only "plans" I can offer is the progress gallery. Like I stated in a previous message, I bought a preformed kit on e-Bay. All the methods of construction and various modifications were documented on the progress report.

Scopedog
22-12-2005, 00:54
I know exactly where to get one i know who made them, also GW banned them, they are not space marine helmets, they were made as space man helmets, also your price you got riped off, you can get 3 of them for 30 (aud)
also -bay banned them so they were only up for 24 hour auctions.
just informing you, me myself am trying to buy them at this moment buy the from person that has 500 of them!
if i buy them il lask for extra and il send you one all free (you have to pay postage tho)

also they were on bartertown for awhile thats were i located themn\

Whether the price was a rip off or not, the project was fun. I'd love to get some more. I would even consider taking commissions if anybody wants me to make a specific one for them.

lLonginus
22-12-2005, 13:17
yeah, I would definitely want one of those.

FireN.Brimstone
28-12-2005, 22:01
My only quibble is I always though the ridge line thing on top of the head was some kind of air exchange vent, though I suppose you could assume that the suit is currently sealed and thus it is closed...hmmm.

In general though great work all around, WAYYYY better than I could do ;)

Scopedog
29-12-2005, 08:07
My only quibble is I always though the ridge line thing on top of the head was some kind of air exchange vent, though I suppose you could assume that the suit is currently sealed and thus it is closed...hmmm.

In general though great work all around, WAYYYY better than I could do ;)

Thanks!

I posted a thread a while back asking what the top thing was, and there were conflicting answers, but someone said that in one of the official books, there was a cutaway picture of a helmet with numbers corresponding to different components, and it labeled the thing on top as a radio. Ultimately, I just made something up that was reasonably interesting compared to the vague and unspectacular indentation that was there before.

Commander titus
04-06-2006, 01:39
Lol very nice

must have some free time mind you, but then again i've put lights into my necron monilyth lol worth it though :)

4tonmantis
04-06-2006, 13:59
Whether the price was a rip off or not, the project was fun. I'd love to get some more. I would even consider taking commissions if anybody wants me to make a specific one for them.

What would the rate be including postage to the US?

Revliss
04-06-2006, 14:48
any link on way to get the thing need to make one :eek: