PDA

View Full Version : The Trukk, who goes in?

IronClaw
23-12-2008, 21:21
So I got the army, I got plenty o'games on my neck, yet there is one thing that have made me scratch my neck since I got the latest ork codex. Its teh trukks (of green doom!!). I have seen peeps on this forum saying that taking burnas and stuff in trukks are good ideas etc etc. But I dont really get that since the codex says that the trukk is a dedicated transport? No?
So enlighten me, who goes in the trukk? just the ones the codex says? Or can I have a free runing trukk working "like an independant character" and drive around pick up various mobs i feel like transporting?

Gensuke626
23-12-2008, 21:23
So I got the army, I got plenty o'games on my neck, yet there is one thing that have made me scratch my neck since I got the latest ork codex. Its teh trukks (of green doom!!). I have seen peeps on this forum saying that taking burnas and stuff in trukks are good ideas etc etc. But I dont really get that since the codex says that the trukk is a dedicated transport? No?
So enlighten me, who goes in the trukk? just the ones the codex says? Or can I have a free runing trukk working "like an independant character" and drive around pick up various mobs i feel like transporting?

5th ed changed the rules for dedicated transport.

Now the only unit that can Start the Game in a transport is the squad that bought it and any attached characters.

However once the game begins, any unit is able to use the transport.

IronClaw
24-12-2008, 00:34
ah, thanks mate

Fire Harte
24-12-2008, 00:42
Another thing...

Trukks of GREEN doom?

We all know red is best for trukks! :evilgrin:

IronClaw
24-12-2008, 01:09
Another thing...

Trukks of GREEN doom?

We all know red is best for trukks! :evilgrin:

well! Lets face it, trukks are going fast when painted red! Aye, but the way I look at it, trukk prolly exists among humies too as when I look at orks they seem to have pretty much just nicked everything they liked from everybody else, so humies prolly got some kind of trucks in their society. We all know that A trukk made by green hands is allways way more better than any other! Saying otherwise would be blasphemy, concerning the colour though,,,now thats a completely different story ;)

Fire Harte
24-12-2008, 02:01
Ah, I was under the impression you meant a green trukk. Not made by green hands. ;)

Which of course are da best! :D

IronClaw
24-12-2008, 11:44
Well, personally, reading my post again, I see how its so easy to get mixed up :)

invinciblebug
28-12-2008, 19:36
Well, personally, reading my post again, I see how its so easy to get mixed up :)

But while a red truck is fastest, a green truck no doubt has to be the toughest :D. (just as a blue trukk is the luckiest)

On a more serious note, remember that you have to have a ork unit that donates their transport to the burnas, and this unit cannot be more than 12 strong, even if they are not riding in the trukk.

decker_cky
28-12-2008, 19:50
On a more serious note, remember that you have to have a ork unit that donates their transport to the burnas, and this unit cannot be more than 12 strong, even if they are not riding in the trukk.

So you have 12 shootas sitting back on an objective. Seems like a solid investment both ways.

Gensuke626
28-12-2008, 20:32
Depends what's supporting them, obviously. 12 boyz all by their lonesome aren't going to protect much...