PDA

View Full Version : fighty 2k points of vampires

sneb
23-12-2008, 23:50
I want to try something different than my "charge up the black coach and let it cause hell" strategy, which though it usually works I want my vampire lord to be less battery more run up and wreck some units, also let me use my zombie dragon model:

Vampire Lord-645 pts (I know that is ALOT of points but I believe with the amount of survivability I gave him (flying cloud of flies, wristbands nightshroud) and the amount of damage he will put out (atleast 9 str. 6 attacks and up to 13 str 6 attacks, half of which benefit from hatred striking first %99.9 of the time... not to mention zombie breath)he will be able to take out most units I regularly face on his own)
Zombie Dragon
Sword of Might
Nightshroud
Wristbands of black gold
Red fury
Ghoulkin
Infinite Hatred

2XVampire-195 each
Dispell scroll X2
dark acolyte
summon ghouls

3X15 crypt ghouls-128 each
ghast

15 grave guard-235
Full Command
Warbanner
HW&shields

15 grave guard-240
full command
GW
Standard of everlasting death

5 fell bats-100pts

any constructive criticism or non constructive criticism?

thanks!

pfishy98
24-12-2008, 00:03
I like it! especially the vamp lord. I just love expensive, unkillable slaughtering machines mounted on big beasties. I think you will win games with that list.

Fenix_
24-12-2008, 00:41
do you really need 4 dispell scrolls? i will drop 2 from one vampire and get the helm of comandment and the black periapt.

probably use only one big unit of grave guard, and get more hitting power, wraiths, black knights, varghulf..

sneb
24-12-2008, 01:25
^^^^^
valid point I find that most of the friends I play with take a magic heavy list when they want to play against me, if I use this list alot and they catch on, I was thinking of taking one of the vampires and giving him the cadaverous curriass and the book of arkahn to hopefully get some ghouls a first turn charges (if I would get the first turn then a ghoul unit would get up to a 24" move before the opponent could act!)

Walls
24-12-2008, 02:55
trade the second GG banner for Banner of barrows. you'll even hit tough units on a 3. Str 6 attacks on a 3+? thank you very much!

I love the list personally. I like the idea of an absolutely ridiculous power lord, especially when you can simply create new units.

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
26-12-2008, 20:12
Luv nasty killy lords of death! You could downgrade it to an abyssal terror (people will still probably let you use the zombie dragon model) I personally would take off "raise ghouls, bearing in mind you'll be so far in front you won't be able to cast. boosting him to a level 3 is a gud idea for the extra dispel dice, giving u 6. Try and give your lord a dread lance (NOTE: although putting the lord on an abbysal terror reduces the killing power a bit, the dread lance will more than make up, 4 attacks from your lord auto hitting at Strength 7 and if u keep red fury, which u should, you can dish out 8 kills a turn, that means you should win combat by a clear 2-3 points charging the FRONT of most units before the abyssal terror has its 3 WS 4 Strength 5 attacks. that also means you can save a further 25 points by taking hatred off. I don't think you need four dispel scrolls, one or two at the most, maybe none. Try a couple of corpse carts with bale fire. They make your army more hitty ( always strike first bound spell) and make enemy wizards crap!:)

Inquisitor Medina
29-12-2008, 10:04
Interesting list but in my personal opinion not much fun to play against; I loathed Herohammer and to see the return of characters that can destroy regiments is truly gutting.

I'm not saying I'd refuse to play this list but I certainly would expect to enjoy it. (If I am allowed to take the gemstone that used to transport the holder and a model in base to base contact to the chaos wastes, no rolls needed, for the rest of the game then I'd be happier - ahhh the only antidote to herohammer)

You do need a corpse cart or some more bodies on the table; you could end up struggling if those grave guard are isolated and destroyed with your lord bogged down by stubborn elites etc.

Inquisitor Medina
29-12-2008, 10:05
sorry meant to say would not enjoy it!

andy10k
29-12-2008, 13:57
Luv nasty killy lords of death! You could downgrade it to an abyssal terror (people will still probably let you use the zombie dragon model) I personally would take off "raise ghouls, bearing in mind you'll be so far in front you won't be able to cast. boosting him to a level 3 is a gud idea for the extra dispel dice, giving u 6. Try and give your lord a dread lance (NOTE: although putting the lord on an abbysal terror reduces the killing power a bit, the dread lance will more than make up, 4 attacks from your lord auto hitting at Strength 7 and if u keep red fury, which u should, you can dish out 8 kills a turn, that means you should win combat by a clear 2-3 points charging the FRONT of most units before the abyssal terror has its 3 WS 4 Strength 5 attacks. that also means you can save a further 25 points by taking hatred off. I don't think you need four dispel scrolls, one or two at the most, maybe none. Try a couple of corpse carts with bale fire. They make your army more hitty ( always strike first bound spell) and make enemy wizards crap!:)

I would avoid replacing the Zombie Dragon with an Abyssl Terror, main reason being it reduces his surviability in combat against some tough opponents, as from my experience the Cloud of Flies is a big saver against ASF opponents.

Stronginthearm
29-12-2008, 16:21
I think it would be highly sucessfull but i agree with Inquisitor Medina about the idea of one hero wiping out everything in his way one of the reasons that i started up warhammer over 40k was how the units mattered more then just having one elite unit

woodulikeanother
07-01-2009, 22:57
drop the 2 scrolls on your vamp char, and give him flayed hauberk and gem of blood, atleast give him an armour save for god sakes!, and personally i dont take a dragon unless its 3k+ just because of the point cost and additional hero choice