PDA

View Full Version : Piranha Blade vs Ogres

SteelTitan
24-12-2008, 07:59
Hey guys

The piranha blade => each unsaved wound = 2 wounds.

What if im doing 2 wounds on an Ogre Bull unit, resulting in 4 wounds. A bull has 3 wounds however. Does the last wound carry over to a second Bull or is it lost? And does this wound count towards combat resolution?

WLBjork
24-12-2008, 08:04
As each blow is not causing more wounds than the target model has, you apply the wounds to the unit as a whole.

In your example where you have 2*2 wounds (for a total of 4), you would remove one Ogre and leave the remainder of the unit 1 Wound short.

nosferatu1001
24-12-2008, 08:18
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175828

This is what, 4 posts below your own? Asking exactly the same question (multiple wounds on multiple wound models) - not being harsh but please use search before posting another thread :)

As was said - as long as the multiple doesn't exceed the wounds on the models the wounds carry over. so if you face a unit with 6 wounds each a D6 wound weapon would carry over :)

SteelTitan
24-12-2008, 09:29
Thanks for your replies!

@Nosferatu1001: The link you posted deals with challenges. I was asking about normal models though. The rules for both situation seems to be quite different.

@WLBjork: thanks! Can you maybe explain why. If i deal 2 wounds, which wouldnt be enough to kill one ogre normally (3 wounds apiece). So i strike, i deal 2 wounds on this ogre, which then gets multiplied into 4 wounds...but both two wounds struck this one ogre...why would the one remaining wound be carried over to another ogre?

nosferatu1001
24-12-2008, 09:32
You are striking th eunit, not the Ogre itself - same as if you have 4 attacks but only 3 models in contact, you can still attack and kill 4 models.

Sorry, there is another link dealing with multiple wound combats, will find and edit it into this post....but if you had searched there is one very recently.

Edit http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175373 there you go - deals with D3 wounds but the principle is exactly the same.

SteelTitan
24-12-2008, 11:01
Thanks a bunch! The "dice cap" totally clarifies the thing!!! Sorry again for not using the search function!

nosferatu1001
25-12-2008, 01:31
No problems, just it was the 3rd multiwound CR question recently - has everyone just started playing Ogres again? ;)