PDA

View Full Version : nightbringer or deciver

bocaj
24-12-2008, 16:48
wich is better night bringer or deciver and why?

can't_decide
24-12-2008, 16:50
I think it performs better, and looks soooooooo much cooler!

solvay
24-12-2008, 16:52
id say the deciever as it can use all of its powers and still run which you want them to be doing

also wouldnt this be better off in the tactics thread as im asuming your talking gamewise??

Lord Damocles
24-12-2008, 16:54
Deciever every time.

When it comes to smacking stuff, both are more than capable of turning almost anything to scrap metal/meaty paste.

The Deciever is cheaper.

He can leave combat if he's not likely to win, or if he just wants to use enemy units as a slingshot to get extra movement.

The Deciever has more things to use outside of a fistfight, while Nightbringer is stuck with a cut down lascannon.

Etc, etc...

Sanctjud
24-12-2008, 16:54
Big D.

He's alot more dynamic, and leaving combat is awesome.
He's cheaper as well.

I like NB's model more, but meh about him rules-wise.

My 7 Cents.

Fire Harte
24-12-2008, 16:55
Night Bringer, it is cooler. Don't know the rules and such, I just like it better!

Orkeosaurus
24-12-2008, 17:16
Who do you want to lead your necron legion?

Death? or Baby New Year?

Thanatos_elNyx
25-12-2008, 01:40
Baby New Year?

AngryAngel
25-12-2008, 02:25
I think they are both full of/created from cow pies. I'm so happy they will be out of the new necron codex as a viable option for a normal game.

studderigdave
25-12-2008, 02:34
i always smile when i see a c'tan in my OP's army, especially the nightbringer. dancing around that point sink is so easy.

i think the NB looks alot better then the deciever though.

hush88
25-12-2008, 02:37
Nightbringer is a better looking model, better in CC and better to knockoff 250+points from your opponent.

Ba'al Starslayer
25-06-2010, 20:20
Deceiver.... EVERY TIME. It doesn't lose that much over the Nightbringer, and for 60 Points less! Even with -1S and -1A it's gaining +1I and it's still very formidable in combat!

puppetmaster24
25-06-2010, 20:47
The Deciever by a fair margin.

The Deciever has much better ranged powers and is able to re-deploy units if you need to.

People who say they should take The Nightbringer because of his superior combat abilities cannot see the bigger picture. yes The Nightbringer is (arguably) better on paper in combat, but by the time you get to that level it really doesn't make a difference. All the units that can beat The Deciever in combat (Abbadon, The Swarmlord And mephiston) will also beat The Nightbringer in combat. only The Deciver gets a choice in what combats he fights.

Lord Damocles
25-06-2010, 20:54
I heard that the Deciever can also raise threads from the dead.

Cool guy.

wazatdingder
26-06-2010, 02:58
Big Daddy Tzeentch...er...I mean "Deciever"

Raven1
26-06-2010, 14:57
I voted Nightbringer, that dude is scary in close combat, he doesn't need a special rule that allows him to leave.

RobPro
26-06-2010, 14:59
I always liken the Deceiver to the Grand Galactic Inquisitor from Venture Brothers. Whenever your opponent charges him, he screams "IGNORE ME!" and leaves.

Necron2.0
26-06-2010, 15:13
I run with the Nightbringer, but that's largely because my usual opponent is IG, and I need to either be able to drop plates on them or push them back to keep from being overrun.

DeviantApostle
26-06-2010, 15:21
In general, I rate things that can mess with deployment over things that kill good. Though, if Nightbringer had wings, he'd be better. And broken.

Thrax
26-06-2010, 18:21
Nightbringer is cooler. Deceiver is far more effective with it's ability to disengage in combats it doesn't like.

Swordsman
26-06-2010, 20:43
A friend of mine fields the Deceiver and he tends to do quite well.

He seems to be able to be both "killy" like the Nightbringer, but has other helpful tricks up his sleeve as well.

Necron Lord Omega
26-06-2010, 20:47
I prefer the Nightbringer but thats more to do with my playstyle.

Souleater
26-06-2010, 21:12
Nightbringer is a slightly better fighter.

Deciever helps you in the army phase and gets to turn any attack on him by an enemy he doesn't want to fight into a slingshot into the enemy his does want to fight.

Axeman1n
26-06-2010, 22:00
Deceiver every time. Redeploy and a Boo, all while running.

Xyrex
26-06-2010, 22:21
Personally, I don't like the deciever's redeploy rule, just because it takes too much time, esecially when you're playing 5,000 points apocalypse. It's a good rule, but too time consuming to redeploy all 5,000 points of your dark angels.

(or orks... lol)

Starwolf
26-06-2010, 22:47
One million times over, the Deceiver.

RobPro
27-06-2010, 01:49
How is the Deceiver making you redeploy Orks or Dark Angels?

Hicks
27-06-2010, 05:12
The Deceiver for it's price is really really good. If you aren't prepared for him, he can really give you hell during a game.

Axeman1n
27-06-2010, 06:34
The Deciever's ability will allow you to redeploy 1-3 units on average. Those units must be Necron. You can house rule it in Apocolypse, but it's not normally allowed to work on other armies.
Apocolypse games don't need a C'Tan, as they are too slow. Kind of funny that in a huge game, where you might expect to see a god, you wouldn't want to take one.

Xyrex
27-06-2010, 06:44
hahah lol. My friend must of misread the rule.

vikelf
27-06-2010, 21:16
decvier caues the night bringer is a beast on crack the deciver has a lot more helpful options

stroller
27-06-2010, 22:17
Nightbringer. Necrons are about ancient death, not happy jolly golden clowns.

Necron2.0
28-06-2010, 01:30
I think they are both full of/created from cow pies. I'm so happy they will be out of the new necron codex as a viable option for a normal game.

Actually, as I understand it, they're not going away ... not really. What I've heard (and this is all third hand, I'll admit) is that the current Nightbringer and Deceiver will be revealed to be powerful, yet deranged, Necron über-Lords, while the real Deceiver and Nightbringer will be seen as something far, far worse (i.e. true and legitimate GODS). It is the god versions that are going to be Apocalypse only. That's the rumor I've heard, at least.

Ba'al Starslayer
28-06-2010, 02:14
Despite being idolised as Gods, the C'tan are no such beings. Pit them against any of the Chaos Gods, or even the Emperor, and they would get crushed. They're Star Vampyres, creatures that feeds on pure energy that only Souls and a Supernova can possibly generate.
Also, the suggestion by Necron2.0 that they are Lords that are deranged is a mix of fluff. The C'tan we know are manifestations, held in Necrodermis; while they are not the full power of these Vampyres, neither are they deranged Lords; here you would be referring to the Gold Tier Lords in the Apoc Rulebook, the top of the Node Chain or whatever; the supreme rulers of a Crypt... They believe they can harness the power of the C'tan, but they are not physically one of them (Unless they get some "Essence" ability like in DoW) as they still retain their "Necron" appearance.

Back on topic; Deceiver! :p He is by far the better. The Nightbringer is basically a Wraithlord on crack, and dies EASIER than a Wraithlord to shooting. While the Deceiver does too, he is less points and has MUCH more useful abilities.

Blink
28-06-2010, 02:36
Deceiver is by FAR better than the Nightbringer. You're fooling yourself if you think otherwise. The amount of support and utility offered by the Deceiver is by far better than anything the Nightbringer can... bring. (This makes me think it would be fun if the Nightbringer could make an enemy unit under Night Fight... But that's more the Deceiver's territory, heh)...

The Nightbringer's get-out-of-combat ability doesn't work on most of the units you would want it to anyway and the Nightbringer is as good as dead if he's stuck in combat with something like half his points worth of Poisonous Genestealers. He's slower than the Deceiver, and much so if you opt to use his sub-par shooting attack. He is 60 points more expensive which if you REALLY want a Lascannon-esque shot, those points would just about buy you the Heavy Destroyer anyway without sacrificing the useful abilities of the Deceiver.