PDA

View Full Version : 2250 points of love from Naggoroth.

blueon462
24-12-2008, 18:30
Hey...I am fairly sure this will be the list I'll be playing in the upcoming season, I intended to make a list that participated in all phases and was well rounded. Any constructive criticism?

High Sorceress (395)
- Dark Pegasus
- Focus Familiar
- Pendant of Khaeleth
- Dispel Scroll

Sorceress (177)
- Dark Steed
- Lifetaker

Hag Queen (225)
- Cauldron of Blood
- BSB

5 Dark Riders (117)
- Rxbs
- Musician

5 Dark Riders (117)
- Rxbs
- Musician

10 Repeater Crossbowmen (100)

10 Repeater Crossbowmen (100)

6 Harpies (66)

6 Harpies (66)

18 Black Gaurd (329)
- Full Command
- Towermaster (Crimson Death or Ring of Hotek ~ and suggestions?)
- Banner of Hag Graef

6 Cold One Knights (178)
- Standard Bearer

War Hydra (175)

2 RBT (200)

======
2245 pts
======

Its record so far is 14-3-1 (with the largest loss coming to a dwarf list with an anvil and two organ guns.)

VVar
24-12-2008, 18:48
Not much to say, it's a very basic and balanced list. You would want to avoid ring of hotek in your bg; it will mess up your own casting too much. Crimson death on champ is awesome, 3 rerolled str6 hits at ASF.

mossel
24-12-2008, 18:57
Ring of Hotek is a rather save choice, I think, as the mages will be off on their mounts harassing the enemy from the flanks and the rear (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd consider trying to make the mage on Dark Steed level 2 and get the Black Staff on your Supreme Sorceress, as this will allow you to have a stronger magic phase. Not sure why you'd want to take lifetaker along, agreed, it's a good weapon, but it's not that great (only against Waywatchers and Chameleon Skinks perhaps)

VVar
25-12-2008, 05:07
People always seem to forget that RoH affects spellcasting INTO it's "ring", regardless of where your casters are, they won't be safe casting into a circle with a two foot diameter.

mossel
25-12-2008, 09:41
range is 6", not 12". so that's a one foot diameter...
though I must agree it will be hazardous to cast word of pain on the foe in base contact with the BG...

blueon462
25-12-2008, 13:57
though I must agree it will be hazardous to cast word of pain on the foe in base contact with the BG...

It is a range of 12" from the bearer and affects spells coming in and out....its a useful tool to protect the black gaurd and anything i can bunch around them in the begining of the game but usually somewhere around turn 3/4 it becomes difficult to find targets or spells im willing to risk casting for the mages. Hence the possible change to crimson death.

VVar
25-12-2008, 20:55

Reread your book, it's 12" from the bearer.

Neckutter
25-12-2008, 21:11
youve played 18 games so far? wow.

im curious as to how you would fight an army with 2 or more ranks of 20+ models.
for instance my 2250 WoC has 2 blocks of 20 warriors with shields, and my vamp counts consists of 3 blocks of 20 ghouls(they march before the game begins), 1 block of 23 grave guard with GWs. i dont know if you have anything to break them?beat them in HtH.

it seems like you have a bunch of harrassers and that is it. or is that the point? run around and shoot and massed blocks of infantry have nothing to get into HtH with. if that is the point, then i would drop the black guard. i have a similar list to yours, but i use HE and now that ive looked back i can see the similarities.

blueon462
25-12-2008, 23:22
youve played 18 games so far? wow.

im curious as to how you would fight an army with 2 or more ranks of 20+ models.
for instance my 2250 WoC has 2 blocks of 20 warriors with shields, and my vamp counts consists of 3 blocks of 20 ghouls(they march before the game begins), 1 block of 23 grave guard with GWs. i dont know if you have anything to break them?beat them in HtH.

it seems like you have a bunch of harrassers and that is it. or is that the point? run around and shoot and massed blocks of infantry have nothing to get into HtH with. if that is the point, then i would drop the black guard. i have a similar list to yours, but i use HE and now that ive looked back i can see the similarities.

I have two warhammer tables constructed in my basement and within close driving range of a GW and a hobby store....hence I play alot.

I normally set up in a refused flank...this allows me to take apart most armies piecemeal, especially the slow lumbering armies you are talking about. Its alot of work in the movement phase, but I strongly believe the Dark Elves have been blessed with the best secondary units in the game...so setting said armies up is possible. The black gaurd are more than sufficient to hold things in place for either the cold ones or Oatmeal(hydra) to flank, In general, the shooting or magic in the army also helps whittle down ranks / eliminate secondary units in my opponents armies. The biggest threat to the list I've run into is gunlines or armies with heavy magic, so far. Heavy infantry armies aren't normally that difficult (vampires excluded).