PDA

View Full Version : Aparently, Gork and Mork are embodied in the real world as Eldar...

TheSonOfAbbadon
18-03-2005, 20:13
Well, me and some people were writing on a white board in WH40k club at school, I, being Orks, wrote down 'GORK+MORK=BEST GODS EVAR!' and then the club boffin said 'You know they're embodied by Eldrad and *other guy*, right?' and then went on to say how Eldrad got Ghazghkull to attack Armageddon, basically by going
'Hey, Ork,'
'Yer?'
'You know that's a crappy planet, attack Armageddon.'
'Er, ok.'

Well, I have two questions:

1. IS THIS TRUE?!
2. Who is the other Eldar guy, I forget his name, anyone have any idea?

Kage2020
18-03-2005, 20:27
I woud suggest that the simple concept of 'subterfuge' is relevant here. That is to say it is possible for Eldrad to trick the ork warlord in question without the being the embodiment of Gork or Mork, or something equally... silly, at least to me.

Kage

Sojourner
18-03-2005, 20:32
Erm. Rubbish, basically.

TheSonOfAbbadon
18-03-2005, 20:43
Oh, it is all ********, good.

Any ideas who the other guys is?

vyper
18-03-2005, 23:37
I'm just surprised that this thread didn't start off with:

"A redshirt told me that..."

Kage2020
19-03-2005, 01:01
Well, guess you've only got to like the game product, not the back story. It is, after all, 'fluff' for a reason... ;)

Kage

the_yuk
19-03-2005, 22:34
Craziest thing ive heard in awhile...

Rabid Bunny 666
19-03-2005, 23:07
dunno, but the eldar farseers do look into the future to engineer whats best for their race, as eldrad did get gazghull to go to armageddon, its in the eldar book, and iayden knew the 'nids were coming, but chose to hold their ground

*closes down geek mode :D*

DantesInferno
19-03-2005, 23:16
Eldrad got Ghazghkull to attack Armageddon, basically by going
'Hey, Ork,'
'Yer?'
'You know that's a crappy planet, attack Armageddon.'
'Er, ok.'

There is a grain of truth to this. Eldrad basically manipulated events resulting in Ghazghkull attacking Armageddon. Basically, the Eldar intervened in internal Ork politics, removing a powerful Ork Warlord who was much more anti-Eldar than Ghazghkull. Then Ghazghkull took advantage of the new space at the top, and the rest, as they say, is history.

So the Ork attack on Armageddon was part of a deliberate Eldar policy to divert Orkish aggression away from the Craftworlds, but neither the Orks nor the humans suspected it.

Rabid Bunny 666
20-03-2005, 00:11
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

just above your post ;)

Inflammable
04-04-2005, 21:31
Ork politics

Haha, that's funny

EDIT: How come my messages always end up as the first reply on page 2?

TheSonOfAbbadon
04-04-2005, 21:33
What? We have politics!

worldshatterer
04-04-2005, 21:50
Its Politiks, like politics but for orks so its the continuation of war by other means . In the case of the Ghazgul thing it meant proving whose hardest to bunches of boyz whose nobz had had unfortunate run ins with bunches of Panzies .

TheSonOfAbbadon
04-04-2005, 21:56
Stoopid Eldar panzies... dey can't stand up to da powa ov da bi gunz!! Dey always gettin' in da way, we wunted ta fight da marine boyz but noooo, da panzies had ta come along an' spoil it!

I'm sorry I don't know what came over me.

Ork polytikz goes: Da bigger an' greena' you are, da higha' in rank you are.