PDA

View Full Version : WoC 1500pts (newbie)

skullman86
25-12-2008, 02:47
I've been collecting for a while and I've made a few lists before but I haven't had the chance to play yet.I put my chaos army on hold when I found out they were getting new rules and this is what I have come up with so far...

HEROES

Exalted Hero 208
-mark of Khorne +15
-great weapon +8
-collar of khorne +25
-juggernaut of Khorne +50

-Exalted Hero 190
-shield +5
-daemonic mount +50
-battle standard +25

CORE

-16 Warriors of Chaos 361
-mark of Khorne +30
-full command +30
-extra weapons +16
-blasted standard +40

-16 Warriors of Chaos 286
-full command +30
-shields +16

-20 Marauders of Chaos 140
-full command +20
-light armor +20
-shields +20

-6 Marauder Horsemen 90
-throwing axes +12

-6 Marauder Horsemen 90
-throwing axes +12

SPECIAL

-Chariot 120

1480 total

I would appreciate some input but I want to avoid using the marks of tzeentch and slaanesh if possible.I skimmed through the tactica and made some changes to the original list but I don't know if there is something I missed or if I need to drop some stuff, I also have a question.

In the tactica a lot of people swear by Halberds and shields for warriors. How exactly does that work.Halberds are two handed weapons so how/when do you use shields?

GodlessM
25-12-2008, 03:28
There are a few newbie mistakes alright that I can run through with you.

First of all, mounted models only get +1S from a GW, so your general is paying more for less and he strikes last, swap it for either a flail or a halberd. would also advise giving him the Enchanted Shield for a (-1)+ armour save. This is fantastic because it means an attack must be strength 7 for it to effect the roll of your save, and you even get a save against S10.

BSB would be better on a Barded Steed for a better save, and again with a Flail or Halberd for better killing capabilities.

Last but not least, it is obvious that you intend on putting the two mounted character in the Chaos Warrior units. This is a bad idea for two reasons:
- you would rank up 5x4 I presume, but Warhammer rules state you need 5 models not 5 wide for a rank bonus, the Juggernaut only counts as one model per rank.
- Because of the Mark of Khorne and its frenzy, the mounted characters who have a greater charge range than the infantry will be forced to charge out of their unit should a target present itself and the infantry not be in range.

There are three other things I would like to point out to you.

Horsemen, being fast cavalry, should be light, cheap and appropriately equipped. 5 men is enough, and the best equipment for them is flails and musicians, the axes are a waste mostly. The Mark of Slaanesh benefits them greatly also.

You lack much magic defense, which could become a real problem.

Also, you lack any magical attacks. Should you come up against ethereal units or
models, you won't be able to hurt them.

GodlessM
25-12-2008, 03:30
In the tactica a lot of people swear by Halberds and shields for warriors. How exactly does that work.Halberds are two handed weapons so how/when do you use shields?

Oh, and to touch on this, the Warriors use their shields against shooting attacks, and in combat if they take a charge from something that may take them down, they can use the shield instead of the halberd to gain a 2+ save.

skullman86
25-12-2008, 06:22
I made some changes, hopefully they are for the good...

-dropped one hero for a mounted sorcerer (is the palanquin worth taking over the steed?)
-gave the khorne hero the flail and enchanted shield
-gave the mark of nurgle to the warrior unit that was undecided and also gave them shields and halberds
-marauder horsemen now have 5 men per unit, flails, and musicians....I really hate putting slaanesh in the army.

How are MoK and MoN for horsemen and what about knights, would 1 unit of knights do more for the army than 2 units of marauder horsemen?

Should I find a way to work in a chariot, spend the extra points on the units I currently have, or buy some more stuff?

HEROES

Sorcerer 177
-barded steed +16
-lvl 2 wizard +16
-mark of Nurgle +20
-dispel scroll +25
-spell familiar +15

Exalted Hero 219
-mark of Khorne +15
-juggernaut of Khorne +50
-collar of Khorne +25
-flail +4