PDA

View Full Version : Halo RPG - Covenant Ship Masters (Captains)

Aun'aart'al
27-11-2005, 09:49
ok, so the idea is if theres enough popularity, I'll have this thing run, otherwise I'll just shrug and let the thread die basically..

the RPG takes place with you as whats called a Ship Master, or Captain. Ship Master is the Covenant rank from the Halo novels. I would be the Fleet Master, or Admiral. The plan of the RPG is basically, you take control of a ship, give me the ships class, ships name, your name (I can help those who need help getting an Elite-like name), and any history behind the vessel. If you want to know what the armaments are for whatever vessel, feel free to PM me. There are Battleships, Battlecruisers, Cruisers, Super Carriers, Carriers, Destroyers, Frigates, and Corvettes. If this option is also popular, I will allow you to control 2 vessels, but then again like I said, depending on the popularity. If this does lift off the ground, please people, dont all choose the Battleships.. seriously.. each ship class has a number of advantages and disadvantages, so choose wisely!

as far as the plot goes, Im open to suggestions, but so far I think I've got a rough idea of the time frame of when this will be taking place, perhaps where as well, we'll see. One more thing, I would Like to have between 4-6 people (including me) for this RPG.

warlordgrubnatz
27-11-2005, 14:55
im intrested in this.

Name: vango
race: elite
equipment: plasma rifle, plasm sword
breif: Vango is an experienced shipmaster who has served while desroying the human instalation known as reach.

ship name: the templar
shipclass: battlecruiser
????

prehaps I need some more info on this...

Bmaxwell
27-11-2005, 22:52
um what are the different advantages and disadvnagtes to each one?

deffintaly interested in this.

Aun'aart'al
28-11-2005, 01:42
well for example;

a Battleship wont have the speed as say.. a Cruiser, just like a Corvette wont have the firepower of a Destroyer, or even the shields of the different vessels. An Assault Carrier has more powerful shields than say.. a Battlecruiser. As well as other things, such as the amount of Plasma Turrets the vessel may possess, or even the armament in general, and its destructive power.

for example;

the main weapon on a Flagship-class Assault Carrier is something called a Particle Cannon. This weapon targets the Fusion Reactor from a UNSC vessel, and destroys it, and can slice threw several meters of solid Titanium-A battleplate armor, and destroys the entire ship. Firing that cannon, however, also reduces plasma power to the vessel, and takes time for it to recharge for another shot. This leaves the vessel depending Heavily on its 7 Plasma Turrets along its hull as defence.

Bmaxwell
28-11-2005, 16:15
Could I have a vessel desgined for boarding ships?

Aun'aart'al
28-11-2005, 21:19
there are boarding crafts that use anti-matter charges to enter a vessel, however, you would need to force the occupants of the vessel you wish to invade to abandon the vessel for whatever reason, and as their lifeboats leave, your boarding craft enter through the empty lifeboat slots. Vessels that have this ability to my understanding include; Cruiser, Battlecruiser, Destroyer

Bmaxwell
28-11-2005, 23:04
gonna do this one for sure then

Name: Orna 'Fulsamee
ship class: Cruiser
Equipment: 2 Plasma Rifle's

Ships name: High Inquistor
Background: One of the fastest ships in the fleet it was the frist one to follow to PoA to The holy Ring

Aun'aart'al
28-11-2005, 23:08
".. follow to PoW" ?? lol are you trying to refer to the PoA (Pillar of Autumn) ?

and for all of your characters' names, heres an example for an Elite name;

Zuka Zamamee (hes not a Ship Master so dont bother trying to use that name ;))

Bmaxwell
28-11-2005, 23:40
sorry thats what i meant.

Can you give us a list of names for use to pick?

Aun'aart'al
29-11-2005, 00:30
Covenant Elite (Sangheili) names, and their equivilant Human ranks

Commanders
Am'hu Voramee
Mirta 'Artolee

Captains
Ryu 'Itairee
Orna 'Fulsamee - taken by Bmaxwell
Zona 'Ullimuee
Voramee

Admirals
Alk 'Adonae - taken by GM

please forgive the lack of a large list of choices to you players; these names are and were taken from actual canon, however, so the list is indeed short.

Bmaxwell
29-11-2005, 00:39
character edited

warlordgrubnatz
29-11-2005, 16:48
can we just keep our fictitious non-official names?

Aun'aart'al
29-11-2005, 21:01
the names that I have provided can be used for your characters' names, or you can simply use it as an example as to what a name would look like, its really up to you :)

Master Corvinus
10-12-2006, 21:03
Is this post dead? Ok I'm not sure so, I would like to be a Captain of a ship that has good speed relative firepower and good shields any ideas hope it this thread is not dead.

Shardik
10-12-2006, 21:31
this sounds intresting...