PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Slaanesh WoC

Skyth
26-12-2008, 16:10
Got a bunch of WoC for the holidays, so I'm working up lists to make with the stuff I got.

Was thinking of this one...

Sorcerer Lord (Mark of Slaanesh, Chaos Steed, Chaos Runesword, Infernal Puppet, Armor of Zhraak)
Sorcerer (Mark of Slaanesh, Chaos Steed, Level 2, Black Tongue)
Exalted Hero (Mark of Slaanesh, BSB, Chaos Steed, Halberd, Crimson Armor, Necrotic Phylactery)
Exalted Hero (Mark of Slaanesh, Daemonic Mount, Chaos Runeshield)
15 Chaos Warriors (Mark of Slaanesh, Shield, Full Command, Rapterous Standard)
20 Marauders (Mark of Slaanesh, Light Armor, Shield, Full Command)
5 Marauder Horsemen (Standard, Musician, Shield, Spear, Javelins, Mark of Slaanesh)
10 Chosen (Mark of Slaanesh, Shields, Full Command, Favor of the Gods)
5 Chaos Knights (Mark of Slaanesh, Full Command)
20 Marauders (Mark of Slaanesh, Full Command, Light Armor, Shield)
5 Chaos Warhounds
5 Chaos Warhounds

I'm thinking of giving the Chosen Great Weapons, but I'll need to cut 8 points from the list somehow to do that.

Jericho
26-12-2008, 22:59
I prefer Halberd + shield for Chosen/Warriors, personally. It's cheap and gives you the option of S5 or 2+ saves in combat. No striking last is a good thing, plus it's cheaper than GW's anyway.

For minor tweaks I'd ditch the banner on the fast cav. It probably won't help, and makes the unit worth actual VP if the banner gets captured.

Before I get into the characters, what is your plan for deploying them? They're all on steeds which is pretty decent for the S4 attack and +2 to armor saves, but who is going with the cav and who is sticking with the infantry? If we establish some clear roles for the characters then the magic gear can be applied in a more efficient way.

Skyth
27-12-2008, 01:41
Each Marauder unit will get a Sorcerer
Chosen get the Exalted Champion
Warriors get the BSB.

I figure the Cav can do well enough by themselves.

The reason for the possibility of the great weapon on the Chosen is to possibly get strength 7 for chariot killing.

Aren't Halberds+Shields the same price as having Great weapons?