PDA

View Full Version : Warseer Slaanesh List

moose
26-12-2008, 21:14
I'm playing a friendly yet still fairly competitive in a few days against a friend, and i'd like warseer to design me a list to use. 2500pts is the limit and will be a straight fight to the death, terrain to be decided at the time.

The enemy is infantry dark elves, which are expected to fighty with bolt-throwers and low on magic. ASF blackguard, executioners, and lots of cold ones knights are usually on the list.

So generals, here is what is at your disposal;

LORDS AND HEROES
1 Forgeworld Keeper of Secrets
1 GW Keeper of Secrets
1 Winged Daemon Prince/(Bloodthirster if you realllly want?)
2 Heralds of Slaanesh
1 Herald on Steed of Slaanesh
1 Masque of Slaanesh

Core
60 Daemonettes of Slaanesh
(4 sets of command available)

Special
18 Seekers of Slaanesh

Rare
4 Fiends of Slaanesh

The aim of the list of an all Slaanesh list is akin to a glass hammer, it should be fast, flanking, and can hit hard on the charge.

Thanks for your time,
Moose

mossel
26-12-2008, 23:12
3 units of 18 Daemonettes with FC
3 Heralds of Slaanesh (definately a BSB with the Stubborn banner amongst them)
a Keeper of Secrets, kitted to you like
at least 2 units of seekers (3 wouldn't harm :))
a fiend or 2

fill up the remainder as you see fit.

Engage his blocks with yours, outflanking his army with the seekers and go for the RBTs with the fiends.
outmanouvring will be important, as you will face superior numbers for sure.
In case you'd face a dragon mounted lord, get it with your CC equiped keeper of secrets and pulverise that dragon! The lord will have to roll snake eyes to hold and you'll have vanquished a great threat to your daemons.

The masque could be fun to use if you'd play with special characters, though I'd rather play without any, so I really don't have any experience with them.

moose
26-12-2008, 23:59
Thanks for the input Mossel, this sounds like the list you're suggesting:

1 Keeper of Secrets Lvl 4, Spirit Swallower 670
1 The Masque of Slaanesh 90
1 Herald of Slaanesh Lvl 1, Allure of Slaanesh, Soporific Musk, Seeker, BSB, Great Icon of Despair 290
1 Herald of Slaanesh Lvl 1, Etherblade 190

18 Daemonettes of Slaanesh FC 246

6 Seekers of Slaanesh Musician 150
6 Seekers of Slaanesh Musician 150

2 Fiends of Slaanesh 110
2 Fiends of Slaanesh 110

The Masque/Seeker Herald will leadership bomb flanks with the Ld banner. Also i've kitted the KoS with the spirit swallower as it's always paid off so far especially against boltthrowers previously.

Further input, ideas, advice anyone?

SlaaneshSlave
27-12-2008, 08:58
Seekers do not need Musicians. Especially as they will not be fleeing. I'd give 1 unit the standard of "your charge reaction is to hold".

Might want to drop 2 of the demonette units to 12 & buy a 3rd Seeker unit.

==Me==
27-12-2008, 09:01
Abuse their Ld with the Kipper, Masque, and Banner. Use that Terror/Aquiescence to mess with his army, and hit the flanks with all those speedy troops. Seekers with Siren Standard will tear up Dark Riders, Shades, and the like. Fiends go after harder targets and flank. Heralds can take MaM and do fairly well against T3, Etherblade otherwise if you go after the Knights.