PDA

View Full Version : 2K Bretonnia. First attempt

oCoYoRoAoKo
26-12-2008, 20:28
Right, here is the list i am trialling for my first Bretonnia force. I think its solid but would appreciate some imput:

Bretonnian Lord: 230
Royal Pegasus, Virtue of the Joust, Heartwood Lance, Enchanted Shield. Heavy Armor

Paladin: 129
War Banner, Warhorse, Virtue of Duty

Damsel: 130
Horse, Dispel Scroll x2

8 Knights of the Realm: 216
Full Command

Full Command

9 Knights Errant: 221
Full Command, Errantry Standard

4 Pegasus Knights: 230
Musician

4 Pegasus Knights: 230
Musician

5 Mounted Yeomen: 82
Musician

Musician

5 Grail Knights: 220
Full Command

I think im happy with most of it but the thing that is bugging me is the Lord's Equipment. I really want to have the 2 units of Peg Knights so the Peg is a must for him but as for his other kit im not sure on. at the moment he is rerolling to hit and wound with S6 on the charge and 4 attacks - this is ok offensiveley but in defence he kinda sucks with only a 3+/6+ to fall back on.

Anyone have any ideas for him?

Cy.

mossel
26-12-2008, 22:00
isn't there a magic armour that gives regeneration? or the gromril great helm to reroll failed armour saves?

oCoYoRoAoKo
02-01-2009, 00:24
OK, after testing the army a bit i have decided that the Peg lord is more of a liability then anything else and so its not worth investing too many points in him. here is the revised list:

Bretonnian Lord: 191
Royal Pegasus, Lance, Enchanted Shield. Heavy Armor, Virtue of Discipline

Paladin: 129
War Banner, Warhorse, Virtue of Duty

Damsel: 130
Horse, Dispel Scroll x2

Full Command

Full Command

8 Knights Errant: 201
Full Command, Errantry Standard

8 Knights Errant: 181
Full Command

3 Pegasus Knights: 175
Musician

3 Pegasus Knights: 175
Musician

Musician

Musician

5 Grail Knights: 220
Full Command

so my lord flys about behind my lines trying to keep out of trouble and if needs be, help out in combat with his outnumbering combat res bonus nullifier.

i also managed to fit in another unit of knights errant by dropping a peg from each unit (after testing, i think that units of 3 are enough). this is kinda neat as it lets me split my force roughly in half to threaten 2 flanks at once, or use 2 Errant/Realm Knight combo blocks which have a much easier time breaking units on the charge.

what do you think?

Cy.