PDA

View Full Version : What tau miniatures are not going to change?

BaronDG
27-11-2005, 14:28
My girlfriend has voiced interest in starting a tau army and who am I to stand in her way? There are a few months left before tau empires is released so I just wondered what units stays the same so she can start collecting. I've never fought tau, never even seen a tau army so I don't really know what their base grunts are...

Reabe
27-11-2005, 14:51
I think the only models "changing" are the stealth suits, and the older models will still be availble to buy. I would rather have the old Etheral rather than the new ones... *Shudder*

Azrael
27-11-2005, 15:05
Ask her what kind of army she wants to play with, if she wants a close combat fearsome army, get some hounds and kroot.

If she wans to blow up her enemies from far away, or just doesnt like the look of kroot get her firewarriors and broadsides.

I would recomend that you show her the minatures before buying them, because I find new players often look at how minatures look because they cant judge them on their abilities.

TWB
27-11-2005, 15:16
Start her off with a 400 point combat patrol, this way she can learn to play with a small force which will be easy to assemble and that will not be "invalidated" by newer models, neither the Crisis suits nor the Fire Warriors are changing so a small force like that would be easy to assemble.

A Tau Combat Patrol would be really cool (and just fits into 400 points) with 2 fire warrior squads each mounted on a Devilfish.

The Combat Patrol would then form the core of a larger army, should your Girlfriend decide she likes them.

A neutral shade of black.
27-11-2005, 16:45
I think the only models "changing" are the stealth suits, and the older models will still be availble to buy.

Not even. The XV-25 Stealth battlesuits are an addition to the range; the current XV15 stealthsuits will still be available to be bought.

In short, absolutely nothing changing. Start her off with a Fire warrior team and Devilfish (buy them separately; you want the full squad, not the two-thirds one that GW sells in its Troop/transport boxed sets) and a Crisis suit for now. Even though that's only about 310 points, it's a solid base.

A Tau Combat Patrol would be really cool (and just fits into 400 points) with 2 fire warrior squads each mounted on a Devilfish.

At 220 points a shot, that's a tad over 400... ;)