PDA

View Full Version : Codex: Necromorphs

The Guy
27-12-2008, 15:12
Well I got Dead Space for christmas [amazing] and one of my first thoughts would be how to represent these on the tabletop [one tracked mind ya see ;)] so I'm thinking a melting pot of ideas and we see here we go from there.

I haven't got very far in game, so have only seen a few beasties.

Reanmiated human 16 points [The basic things with the scythe arm thingies]
WS BS S T W I A LD SV
4 3 4 5 2 3 2 10 6+

Unit size : 1 - 6

Special rules:
Play dead If a necromoprh is killed, place it on it's side. Any enemy unit that comes within D6 inches of the body must roll a die. On a 4+ the necromorph jumps back on it's feet and immediately assaults the unit. This is done for every dead necromorph in the unit.

Rending The assault attacks of the Reanimated human count as rending.

Infiltrate The unit may start the game in reserves, when they come onto the board they may start in any piece of cover or terrain. They may move and assault that turn.

Vomit Any model in the unit may vomit on an enemy. This is a S3 attack that uses the flame template. It is assault 1. You roll to hit using the modles BS as normal, and only if a hit is scored must you place the template over the target, otherwise the attack misses.

Can't be bothered to do any more, I'll do more later. How's it seem so far?

dread lord
27-12-2008, 16:16
emmm it seams underpriced for a veary good stat line up and 4 benifical specal rules. the crapy armor save dosnt really count IMO do to the new cover rules. T 5 and W 2 seams a bit much but im not really familiar with the game so it mihgt be accurate. I wish u the best of luck with your project.

The Guy
27-12-2008, 16:37
True, I'm not very good at giving things points costs :D But they don't have very good range capability and come in small units so they shouldn't be too much of a threat.

I'm also going to edit their vomit attack so that it uses their BS.

Scorpion 23 points [Those things that crawl around and have the big stabby tail things]

WS|BS|S|T|W|I|A|Ld|Sv
5|---0|-4|5|2|2|1|10|6+

Unit size : 1-3

Special rules

Infiltrate

Pounce The scorpion can charge an extra D6 inches into assault, if a 4+ is rolled, then the model counts as having furious charge.

robtheguru
27-12-2008, 19:31
Why not just use the Necron Rules?

ehlijen
27-12-2008, 22:09
I think he's going for zombies rather than space skeletons (which is more what necrons are). I think either the plague zombies from the old eye of terror book or maybe genestealers should cover the bill.

The Guy
28-12-2008, 13:28
Necrons are too shooty for them, and while they are very resilient, they just don't have the right feel.

Brute - 70 points

Ws - 5
BS - 0
S --- 5
T --- 6
W --- 4
I ----2
A ----3
Ld ---10
Sv ---- [3+ In front, 6+ on rear]