PDA

View Full Version : Vampire counts 1k phalanx army

mr_gosh_the_return
27-12-2008, 17:20
I have been playing fantasy as empire for a little while now and have just started with vampire counts. This is my attempt at a 1k list and i need to know if its going to work.

The plan is basically to march as fast as possible towards the opponent raising a few zombies on the way to boost my numbers.

Heroes:

Vampire - night shroud, sword of battle, red fury (Leads Ghouls)

Vampire - Tomb blade, lord of the dead (Leads Skeletons)

Necromancer - (Rides Corpse cart)

Core:

20 Crypt Ghouls

20 Skeletons + full command

1 Corpse Cart

Rare:

1 Vargulf

plan is each vampire and their squad advance on one flank between the corpse cart. The Vargulf goes up against the other flank or war machines as at 1k its a hell of a distraction.

I can see weaknesses (lack of armour on the vampires for example) but i'm hoping the invocation of nehek will help against that. I also help always striking first will be useful as my first vamp is designed to be an attacks machine

Any idea how i can make this more effective for 1000 points???

Whitesox
27-12-2008, 21:30
since you have lord of the dead and 5 power dice i'd cut the skellies down to 15 models and raise the rest...

the 40 points you have spare get a lodestone or balefire on your corpse cart and maybe the black peripet for your necro...

that would be a more competitive list

mr_gosh_the_return
29-12-2008, 21:18
thanks for the advice, is 5 power dice a lot for a 1k army?

ginger gobbo
29-12-2008, 21:27
no 5 power dice is descent
i know as a dwarf army can have 8 dispel dice and have lots of scrolls aswell

mr_gosh_the_return
05-01-2009, 22:14
should i aim for more magic i the army? and what would be good for my next 500/1000 points