PDA

View Full Version : Undead and poison attacks

Drayken
27-12-2008, 20:13
Now my question is pretty simple and straight forward:
do poison attacks work against undead or daemonic units? (what with them not having blood in their body to carry the toxins or a heart to stop beating)

Generally, people have said that the magic that animates undead also gives them a "spirit" body similar to that of their corpse, so the poison would still desroy the magic that animates them

I play lizardmen, and one of my friends plays Tomb Kings, so that dilemma always comes up when my skinks shoot down his T5 Tomb scorpion (who doesn't eevn have organs to support him!)

Is it stated in the undead rules of the VC that poison does not affect them (which would make sense too) or do we just ignore small details like basic anatomy?

Lord Zarkov
27-12-2008, 20:32
Poison currently affects daemons, undead etc (and has done since 6th). The only thing it doesn't affect is warmachines.

The reason for this (other than game balance) is that vs partciular armies the poision is laced with holy waterand/or magic/warpstone and so has the same affect

Ganymede
28-12-2008, 00:21
Page 95 - "Also remember that substances that are innocuous for some races may be lethal to others, as the pure water blessed by powerful priests is to the undead."

Goruax
28-12-2008, 00:52
do we just ignore small details like basic anatomy?

You're playing a game with Magic, Gods that interact with the world, giant Lizards, Elves, the walking Dead, Dragons and various monsters.

And you're wondering why this little abstraction is in there? :p

Kalandros
28-12-2008, 01:48
My Undead Ghouls take out their Holy Water Claws and slash away at your Undead Ghouls!

Lord Zarkov
28-12-2008, 13:30
Ghouls are slill living though, so realistically would be poisonable (the new VC book rationalises them using the undead rules as their will being broken to that of the vampire whose dark power can draw more of them to the battlefield, but if things go wrong they'll slink off in dribs and drabs).

BattleofLund
28-12-2008, 15:39
Ghouls are slill living though, so realistically would be poisonable (the new VC book rationalises them using the undead rules as their will being broken to that of the vampire whose dark power can draw more of them to the battlefield, but if things go wrong they'll slink off in dribs and drabs).

And because we gamers are such all-around nice guys we let GW use their 'counts as'-rules for them ghoulies. ;)

So technically a Sylvania army is already in the book, if we just suppose that everyone is broken-bound-whatever to the Vamp? Good poop!

Braad
28-12-2008, 22:52
It does not need to be holy water. Acids could work, corrosives against metal things or maybe the undead constructs...

selone
29-12-2008, 02:13
It does indeed state that poison works on all models (that aren't specifically immune) in the rulebook. Also bear in mind that the TK female special character specifically says she is immune to poison which is what sugegsted to me before I'd read the rulebook that undead weren't automatically immune.